Need Uploader help? (was: Report Uploader Errors)

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

You're using Windows 8.1, if I recollect right. So you need to navigate to the correct folder where your files are. I can't give you step-by-step instructions on how to move between folders on Windows 8.1, I'm afraid.

You should not be getting any security warnings from Mozilla Firefox if you are going to the correct address:

https://librivox.org/login/uploader

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
adonis

Post by adonis »

I found a way to do it - by selecting Desktop, tracking down LV in there and selecting file. Thank you.

TA
DaithiB

Post by DaithiB »

Hi knotyouraveragejo. What happens once I've uploaded a 1-minute test? (Which I did several days ago.) Do I need to contact a particular person about it, or will I receive an email once it's been checked, or what? Thanks. DaithiB.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

You need to post the link in Listeners & Editors Wanted, as we aren't notified automatically when a test is uploaded.

I have had a look in the tests folder, and I think this one's yours: http://uploads.librivox.org/tests/DaithiB_1mintest.mp3.mp3. It will also help if you include in your post the recording software (Audacity, Garage Band), operating system (Windows or Mac) and mic type (USB or Analog) you are using as this will help us giving advice that is tailored to any problem that may arise :).

Ruth
lezer

Post by lezer »

DaithiB wrote:Hi knotyouraveragejo. What happens once I've uploaded a 1-minute test? (Which I did several days ago.) Do I need to contact a particular person about it, or will I receive an email once it's been checked, or what? Thanks. DaithiB.
Hello DaithB,
You already posted your sample here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=58798 - and as you will see, I already wrote some feedback there 2 days ago. :D
So all you need to do is keep an eye on the forum thread where you posted the sample, and you'll see the answer. Then you can post in that same thread by hitting "reply" - and in that way, we can work out the small issues with your recording.
Anna
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Hello,

I have attempted to upload a file, and at one point the green line got about halfway, then went back to the beginning. I then got "error true". What do you think could have caused this?

Thanks!
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It sounds like a connection issue to me?

Have you tried a second time? If it fails again with the same error message, please tell us more about your system: which browser, which operating system... Thanks!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
aflocka

Post by aflocka »

Hi, I'm trying to upload my one minute test but the uploader isn't playing along.

I did my recording and exporting in Adobe Audition CS5.5. According to the "Checker" software, I have a 128 kbps 44.1Hz Mono Mp3 file, and it passes validation. However, when I try to upload the mp3, I get "The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed." I've tried both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 and get the same error in both.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Yes, the uploader really doesn't get along with any ID tags created by Adobe Audition. We don't know why. Remove all tags (either in Audition or in File Properties) and try again. I'm confident it will solve the problem :).

Ruth
aflocka

Post by aflocka »

That sorted it! Thanks for the help.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Great! I have now added that information to the Wiki article on the 1 minute test :).

Ruth
Aschwen1

Post by Aschwen1 »

When I press start upload nothing happens. Tried in both Safari and Chrome
Aschwen1

Post by Aschwen1 »

Whenever I try to upload, the file loads but now where does it allow me to finish, the only button left to click is the clear file. Ive tried uploading on safari and google chrome but nothing is working.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Lets try an easy solution first - what sort of file are you trying to upload - not all file types are accepted.

Anne
ADDED - I see you've uploaded a file since :clap: - you need to check the first post in the project thread and use the rght filename though
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

Trouble using uploader - I am getting the message that
The file type that you are attempting to upload is not allowed.
It is an mp3 file; it has no ID tags; it passed checker. Any other ideas?

ETA: I got it uploaded by converting it to mp3 through Audacity instead of converting through Studio One. Hmmm.. .Now I have a question for the Studio One people!
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM