Greetings from Texas.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GiddyFeathertop

Post by GiddyFeathertop »

Greetings, all. I'm a longtime listener from North Texas and just started browsing the forum.

It looks like the forum is mainly for readers or those seeking to be one. I don't consider myself a great reader so I'll not be uploading any books, but I did want to say a very genuine THANK YOU to all who do. You all are making a real difference in this world. I do the majority of my reading via Librivox, probably around 75-80 book a year, with many rereads tossed in.

Long live Librivox! :thumbs:
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Welcome!
It's true that the forum is our workshop, used for creating our audiobooks. But we need prooflisteners just as much as readers! If you're not comfortable reading you can still help out in a huge way by signing up to prooflisten. Any project with a tilde ~ at the beginning of the subject line needs a prooflistener. Another way to find projects needing your help is the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum here:
viewforum.php?f=21
The projects listed at the top, usually preceded by IP, which means In Progress, are all looking for prooflisteners.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure it's fun for you! :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart