COMPLETE: [Slavonic] Žitija svjatyh, iunij, Dimitrij - OL/e

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Good morning, Kristine, and cordial gratitude for your support!

Indeed, I have been wondering whom I could ask exactly for prooflistening. I presume you are either a German studying Slavic languages or history, or yourself of Slavic origin.

Your help in what you suggest is immensely appreciated! I have many friends who would be eager to have all the volumes as audiobooks, but as far as I am aware, none of them is LV member. Thus, your charitable suggestion is not only welcome, but very timely, for which I thank you cordially again!

As to the text, I trust you should not have this concern. There could be slight differences between various editions, but that is of no great consequence. Moreover, I have found someone who are going to prooflisten it exactly for veracity's sake: and quite a few friends, too.
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Two more Lives added, the second of whom, the Holy Hieromartyr Lucianus, suffered his martyric death in Belgium and was one of her Apostles.
Best regards,
Euthymius
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Hello, Euthymius!
In that case I'll gladly do prooflistening for you. I'm already downloading some first chapters.
And you guessed just right - I'm of slavic origin, temporarily studying history in Germany. :)
Best regards,
Kristine.
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Denj Pervii (sections 01-02-03) are OK to catalogue.
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Thank you very much, miss Kristine.

I hope to prove equal to the tempo of prooflistening.
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Good morning, Ezwa.

I have a request: could you please add one more "Chapter": I have omitted one chapter that came separately under June 3rd, which makes the total number of chapters for June 77.

And a question: should I mark as PL-OK all the chapters that were listened to by Kristine already, or is this your prerogative?

Thank you!
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Good morning, miss Cristine!

I have added two more pieces for prooflistening, which you - if interested in Russian history - may find quite fascinating: the story of the murder of Prince Dimitrij of Ouglech and the reign of Boris Godunov. St. Dimitrij's narrative is both eloquent and captivating!

Have you, by chance, any access to the unabridged Lives by Metropolitan Makarios? I have heard they were being reprinted in Germany.
Best regards,
Euthymius
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Denj vtorii (sections 04 and 05) are ok to catalogue.

Yes, Lives by Metropolitan Makarios are being reprinted in Germany. I found the titles (Die Grossen Lesemenäen des Metropoliten Makarij: Uspenskij spisok. 1.-11. Мärz. – Великие Минеи Четьи Митрополита Макария: Успенский список. 1-11 марта. / Herausgegeben unter der Leitung von Eckhard Weiher. – Freiburg, 1997. – CVII+1-688 S. (=Monumenta Linguae Slavicae, tom. XXXIX)

Die Grossen Lesemenäen des Metropoliten Makarij: Uspenskij spisok. 12.-25. Мärz. – Великие Минеи Четьи Митрополита Макария: Успенский список. 12-25 марта. / Herausgegeben unter der Leitung von Eckhard Weiher. – Freiburg, 1998. – XXXV+689-1250 S. (=Monumenta Linguae Slavicae, tom. XLI)

Die Grossen Lesemenäen des Metropoliten Makarij: Uspenskij spisok. 26.-31. Мärz. – Великие Минеи Четьи Митрополита Макария: Успенский список. 26-31 марта. / Herausgegeben unter der Leitung von Eckhard Weiher. – Freiburg, 2001. – XXV+1250-1918 S. +20 S. Incipitarium, 58 S. Quellenverzeichnis, 38 S. Verzeichnis der Namen und geographischen Bezeichnungen 50 S., Namensregister, 4 S. Abbildungen (=Monumenta Linguae Slavicae, tom. XLV)
)
But unfortunately we do not have them in Greifswald.

Best regards,
Kristine.
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Thank you, miss Kristine!
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

The four Lives for день четвертый (10-13) have been added.
Best regards,
Euthymius
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Sections 06 and 07 are OK to catalogue. :)
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Five new sections added (14-18). This concludes the fifth of June's readings.
Best regards,
Euthymius
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Welcome, Kristine ! Thanks for your great help !

Euthymius, I'm sorry to respond so late. I had a busier week end than I thought and I didn't get notified of new posts here so I just discovered them.

I've added one more section to the database. If you need further changes, just let me know.

And thanks for adding PL notes.
I think it will be much easier if you keep track of that yourself.

Will you need me to move the files to another server before the project is complete?

And by the way, that was your 100th post :
euthymius
Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

There is no need to apologise, Ezwa! A long awaited joy is doubled in its fulfilment!

Thank you for entrusting to me the "administration" of this project!

I, too, feel deeply indebted to Kristine for her assistance, which I pray would be prolonged over this entire project and, God willing, others similar to it!

No, let the files remain in my server until we decide that all is ready for cataloguing: e.g. I discovered a few mistakes in my ID-tags which I could, thus, correct very easily.

Have a good day!
Best regards,
Euthymius
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Welcome, Kristine ! Thanks for your great help !
I, too, feel deeply indebted to Kristine for her assistance, which I pray would be prolonged over this entire project and, God willing, others similar to it!
You're welcome!
And, Euthymius, you're flattering me. :) I am aware, that I could never have enough patience to read this book, but this is surely the book you just have to know. So I have chosen the easiest way - to listen to it. :D Besides, I'm really glad to help. This is a unique project even in Librivox, where we find a lot of good things. And it's always a pleasant feeling - to help to create something great, you know. So no need to feel indebted. :)

By the way, denj tretij (sections 08 and 09 ) are OK to catalog.

Greetings,
Kristine.