[COMPLETE] Oliver Twist, by Charles Dickens-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I just wanted to let you know that Mrs. Corney/Mrs. Bumble is in Chapter 24 but there's not a section for Chapter 24 in the MW. :) Thanks!
Adele

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks for catching that! :)
Maria, would you mind recording chapter 24 for your character? No hurry, just whenever you get to it :D Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
stilldeniel

Post by stilldeniel »

Hello!

This is my first time reading so I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, but can I read for Bet (Chapter 13)?

Thank you very much!

-Deniel Sean
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, that would be great! :D Before you start recording, it's a good idea to send in a one-minute test.(Though for a two-line part I'm not going to insist on a test - the test recording would be longer than the recording for your part :lol: so feel free to upload the part in this thread and I will count that as a test and check it for you :))

Also, I'll need to know how you'd like to appear in the catalogue - that can be your real name (or part of it - I just use my first name), your forum name, or something completely different. We can also link to a personal website or blog, if you'd like. :)

Have fun, and just ask if you've got any questions.

Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

AdeledePignerolles wrote:I just wanted to let you know that Mrs. Corney/Mrs. Bumble is in Chapter 24 but there's not a section for Chapter 24 in the MW. :) Thanks!
SweetPea wrote:Thanks for catching that! :)
Maria, would you mind recording chapter 24 for your character? No hurry, just whenever you get to it :D Thanks!
I will do that!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks! :)

I think that's a mistake, so I've now removed you from that section. Thank you for catching that :)
Rachel

Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Here's Bill Sikes - Chapter 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/olivertwist5_billsikes_13_128kb.mp3
3:42

The following line on Page 2 was allocated to Sikes but belongs to Fagin:
—'I'm afraid that, if the game was up with us, it might be up with a good many more, and that it would come out rather worse for you than it would for me, my dear.'

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you! :)
I shall go and fix that now.
Rachel

Jono

Post by Jono »

Hello there, this is my first time reading as well, and I was hoping to do Officer 1. But if you think my voice would suit in more than one situation, I'd happily do a couple of different minor characters. And let me know if you would like a one minute test. Thanks, Jono
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hi Jono,
Welcome! :)
I would love to have you read Officer 1. Once you've done that, you can pick out some more small parts if you would like (or a bigger part, as long as it doesn't conflict). I'll need to know how you'd like to appear in the catalogue - that can be your real name (or part of it - I just use my first name), your forum name, or something completely different. We can also link to a personal website or blog, if you'd like. :)

About the test - here are the instructions. You can do that and post it in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, or just record the first chapter of your character and post it here as your test. It's not an audition, rather a check to make sure your tech specs are working properly :D

Thank you!
Rachel

stilldeniel

Post by stilldeniel »

SweetPea wrote:Sure, that would be great! :D Before you start recording, it's a good idea to send in a one-minute test.(Though for a two-line part I'm not going to insist on a test - the test recording would be longer than the recording for your part :lol: so feel free to upload the part in this thread and I will count that as a test and check it for you :))

Also, I'll need to know how you'd like to appear in the catalogue - that can be your real name (or part of it - I just use my first name), your forum name, or something completely different. We can also link to a personal website or blog, if you'd like. :)

Have fun, and just ask if you've got any questions.

Thanks!
Thank you! I guess you can just use my name, Deniel Sean, in the catalogue. And if it's no trouble, I'd also like to claim the role for the Servant Girl since Bet's lines are so short. :D
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Here's Mrs. Corney/Mrs. Bumble Chapter 24 -- (length 3:09)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/olivertwist5_mrscorney_24.mp3
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

stilldeniel wrote:Thank you! I guess you can just use my name, Deniel Sean, in the catalogue. And if it's no trouble, I'd also like to claim the role for the Servant Girl since Bet's lines are so short. :D
Thank you! :D
I have added you to the catalogue, here is your page: https://librivox.org/reader/10447
And I have signed you up for the servant girl. Please upload just one file first (Bet or one chapter of the servant) so we can check your tech specs before you record anything more. Thanks! :)
commonsparrow3 wrote:Here's Mrs. Corney/Mrs. Bumble Chapter 24 -- (length 3:09)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/olivertwist5_mrscorney_24.mp3
Thanks, Maria! :D
Rachel

EleanorHoward

Post by EleanorHoward »

This is me, volunteering for any remaining female roles. I was thinking Mrs. Maylie, but you did have someone volunteer for that, back on page one of posts.

IRL, I am a middle-aged person, but I think I can do either young or old characters...