(Complete) Mostly Boys: Short Stories by Francis J. Finn-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

No, I didn't get sick! :-)

As for the humidity, it can get to you sometimes! The first part of last week was really bad. One morning I looked at the weather - it said it was 69 degrees, which was nice - except it was something like 98% humidity, and sunny. Granted that was early in the day, and the temperature would go up and the humidity down some. It can wear you out, and it did wear me out last week until it finally broke and was beautiful!

Right now it is 77 degrees with 44% humidity - an absolutely gorgeous day! Is humidity in the 40% range high for you? :-)

Hope you can conquer your ants soon! The spiders have been very busy around here lately. Lots of bugs after a very wet summer!

Anyway, I do have the next section recorded, but have not done a lick of editing, and don't feel like starting it today. Hopefully I will buckle down and get it done within a couple of days!

Just wanted to let you know that this bit of a delay is not because of sickness. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Hugh,

I finally made myself edit it today and it is ready for PL! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

8 is okay.

I found some ant poison that seems to work. It's called Terro. It comes in liquid form, it's a sweet mixture that contains Borax. The ants just love the stuff. We've had ants in and around our bathrooms sinks for weeks, I would spray, but within 2 to 3 days they would be back. I put some down on small pieces of cardboard and within 2 to 3 minutes there were a least a hundred ants eating this stuff up. The next day, they were gone. Haven't been back in over a week. Same thing happened in the family room. We just picked up some outdoor traps that I will put down this afternoon. We'll see how it goes.

Have a great evening. :D
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh ~ finally have #9 ready - it is a bit of an odd one. :-)

Sorry I've been so slow with this. To be perfectly honest I haven't really been working on it much at all the last couple of weeks. Either I didn't feel good, or it was blazing hot for a week, or I just didn't want to! (A lot of I just didn't want to with editing! :-)) Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things soon.

Glad to hear you found a solution that works for getting ridding of the ants - hopefully it still is working! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria :D

9 is okay. I can relate with the heat, and I don't blame you one bit. :D I know things will get better when it starts to cool down. No worries. :D For some reason, this story seems really familiar. Can't place my finger on it, but I know I've heard of, or read something along the same lines. Hmmmm.

I think the ants have finally figured out that I'm the boss. None in the house since my last post. Yay.

Have a good evening. :D
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh ~ 10 is ready.

(Now my excuse for not recording is that the weather is too nice! It has been gorgeous the last few days, and when it is so nice who wants to stay inside!?) :D

Glad to hear that your ant problem seems to have been solved!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Evening Maria :D

10 is okay. Beautiful weather, I'm jealous. :D We went to Disneyland this past Sunday, knowing that is was going to be warm. Warm turned into 105 by 1:00, :shock: we left early.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh! Next one is ready.

I'm glad it isn't 105 here. :-) Finally got a kind of crummy day today, cloudy, some rain and in the 60's. Next week looks pretty nice though. Fall is definitely here though - trees are starting to turn, and there have been some falling leaves as well.
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

11 is okay. :) Really looking forward to fall. Summer is still hanging on with a vengeance. You mentioned rain, what is this that you speak of.:lol: Actually, we had a pretty good storm drop a record amount of rain on us, this was a few weeks ago.

I'm a little sad right now. :cry: Had to make the very hard decision to put one of our cats down. We had her since birth. When we had her fixed, we found out that she wasn't formed properly, her plumbing was a mess, and she had a heart murmur and she was the runt of the litter. Dr. Dave said she probably wouldn't see 6 month, that was 11 years ago.

Here she is at about 2 weeks old. She didn't have a tale.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks, Hugh ~ the next one is ready. This one is better read from the text, because of all the intentional spelling mistakes in it. I tried hard to pronounce the ones that could be pronounced correctly/inccorrectly. :-) (Some like dear/deer you can't do anything about in audio!)

Aww, so sorry about your kitty! I know how hard it is! She was an awfully cute kitten. :-) We used to have cats for years, but haven't had any since we had to put our last one to sleep a number of years ago...
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria, :)

12 is okay. You're right, this is better read than listened to. It's funny that he would misspell dye in one sentence, then spell it correctly in the next sentence.
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

And progress has finally been made - 13 is ready for PL! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

And I've finally made the correction to section 3. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

And the last section is up! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi Maria,

All are okay. :clap:

Hugh