(Complete) The Story of Dr Dolittle by Hugh Lofting-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

PL notes for Chapter 2:

@1:21 the word "doctoring" seems to have been cut short in editing - I've just checked and I think it's an editing error, as it is clear enough in the original character file.
@04:05 there's a loud click in the narration over the words "at tea time" (maybe just see if this can be smoothed over with noise removal, it shouldn't need a re-record.)
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 2 is fixed. I ran some noise removal over the thump, it's still there but I think it's a little better. I agree it isn't worth a re-record. :)

Thanks for all your hard work! :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The thump is fine now - we just needed to reduce the volume so that it doesn't hurt people's ears!

The two words "doctoring animals" are very soft - sorry to fuss, but this is a key concept for the whole book, as this is the moment that Dr Dolittle gets the idea to become the Dr who "talks to the animals" that we all know and love!
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

No, it's okay, I appreciate it :D Better now?
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Lovely! We are now all PL OK and ready for the catalogue! Good work everyone!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Yay!
I'm going to finish up the editing on my plays and then I should be ready to launch Oliver Twist. :)
Rachel

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

I'm working on getting it cataloged now.... :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-story-of-doctor-dolittle-dramatic-reading-by-hugh-lofting/

Congrats! :clap: :clap:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks Maria, and everybody! :)
Rachel

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Yay! Thanks so much for letting me narrate and be Chee-Chee! This was so much fun!! It's cool to see it done. :D
Adele

Post by Elizabby »

Yay! All done! Nice work everyone! :clap: :clap: :clap: