[COMPLETE] The Elder & Younger Eddas-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Just leaving an update: The process of building is taking much longer to complete than anticipated, and I'm still a month out from being able to have a reliable computer access and a quiet space to LV. I cant wait to be back!
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Still waiting patiently -hope the building etc. is going well

Anne
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Building went great, we're all moved in. I just started a new job, and have been trying to build a less echo-y corner in our unfinished basement for recording. My husband farms so he is home on the weekends now, but soon he'll be out of the way :wink: and I can get this project finished!

Thanks for the patience! Its been quite an upheaval, but things are settling nicely, and soon I hope to be back to all my hobbies!
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH!

I should begin recording again this weekend!! I had finally built my sound-dampening box when 1) my kindle broke and had to be replaced, frankly its amazing that it lasted as long as it did in my care and then 2) my microphone broke! Agh! Luckily I have a friend in a band, and he was able to make it work again! Took a while though because it was a favor.

Any ways, assuming that the weather holds, which forces my husband to work weekend I'll start recording again Thursday night or Saturday. HOOOOOORAY.
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Looking forward to it :D

Anne
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Recorded four chapters last night, I'm going to try and edit them tonight and Thursday night. Oh its so good to be back in the swing of things. Not to mentions its 100 degrees out today, I have no desire to be outside any ways.
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Section 23 Run time 3:37

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/eddas_23_various.mp3

Lord am I out of practice! I forgot to whistle when I made mistakes, I think I was tooe xcited about recording. Ugh, made it take so long to edit!
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
catrose

Post by catrose »

Woop woop, welcome back to recording! :D

Section 23 PL OK!
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hello Theophilus

You are entitled to your opinions - but the facts are , we can't. And it is not exactly helpful to someone who is recording the best we have available to post in their thread that you don't think it is worth recording . It is worth recording , it is great that we will have an English version of an important part of literature/ history/ available for people to listen to and download for free.
There is a thread for "modern Books you wish you could record" if you want to post over there.

Anne
catrose

Post by catrose »

jollyrogered wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/eddas_24_various.mp3

run time 10:43 chater 24
PL OK! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Thank you Annise.

Theophilius, while I agree other translations may be more artistic, no translation is unworthy. It's fascinating to see how various scholars translated words, meanings, etc. it shows an evolution of an ancient work and it's relation to changing modern and contemporary societies. That, in itself, is worth studying.

And after years and years on Librivox I've given up lamenting unavailable translations, when there are thousands upon thousands of available texts that we can record for broader audiences. Every word is worth it.

Now, for the sake if tidiness, I would like to limit this thread to discussion on recording this actual work. Which I am rather proud of because its my longest solo, and it's been interrupted by continental moves, etc. Thank you very much.

Cat thanks for the ultra quick PL! I hope to record and upload Mon / Tues but don't let me interrupt your studies!
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Moved out at the readers request. We will need a DPL if anyone wants to expand their knowledge :D

Anne
jollyrogered

Post by jollyrogered »

Ok just so you know whats going on- I'm recording as much as I can, as fast as I can, before my husband is done harvesting :D Once he is at home more (and therefore louder, lol) I will start editing and uploading and we can search for a PL.
duck... duck... ZOMBIE!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sounds a good plan to me :D
Anne