COMPLETE Parson's Wedding by Killigrew - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew (1612 - 1686).

Often considered Killigrew's best play, this is a comedy with a bawdy tone where people flirt, trick each other and everyone else. It was the first play in England to be performed with an all female cast. ( Kristingj)
This play is complete. All files may be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-parsons-wedding-by-thomas-killigrew/

THIS IS AN ALL FEMALE PRODUCTION. Which means that all parts can only be claimed by women. You don't have to try and "sound like a man" if you record a male part, but as we don't have costumes to make it clear what's what, if you could try and pitch your voice a little down whilst reading a male and a little up whilst reading a woman, that would be good (nothing extreme).
  1. New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC the name you would like to use for catalog credit.
  2. How to claim a role:
    • -For ease of claiming roles,
      -Look in the Magic Window for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you'd like to record.
      -Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 2 months of placing your claim (for larger parts, we will allow you longer to complete your sections, but please begin submitting sections with the 2 month deadline). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen. Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    - a link to the script for each act is in the Magic Window. Just scroll to the bottom of the Magic Window and find the right act.
    - please read only from these links!
  5. Prooflistening level: Special proof listening - dramatic works. Prospective PL'ers, please see the Listeners Wanted FAQ.
    PL finished chapters against this text: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33398

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

Project Code: wWeECa19

Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Thomas Killigrew) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Killigrew

Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Parson's_Wedding
    Number of sections (files) this project will have: 75
    Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    Original publication date (if known):
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Plays/Comedy

Keywords that describe the book: comedy

============================================
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per chapter.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:At the beginning: Act [#] of The Parson's Wedding by Thomas Killigrew. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#].

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    AFTER recording
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3
    parsonswedding_[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the act number.
  8. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ToddHW
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    BC: Kristingj
    Editor: Kristingj
    DPL: ToddHW
    MC: RobBoard
  9. Any questions?
    Please post below
[/list]
Last edited by Kristingj on August 11th, 2016, 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Kristin! I'm glad you decided to run with this one! :9:

I'd like to read one of the men please, Mr Wild I think - he gets to disguise himself as a judge! :mrgreen:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:Hi Kristin! I'm glad you decided to run with this one! :9:

I'd like to read one of the men please, Mr Wild I think - he gets to disguise himself as a judge! :mrgreen:
Great, I'll sign you up when the mw is up and running. I am doing Mistress Wanton myself:D
Kristin

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well if it an all female cast I guess the only thing I can do is MC. Setting it up for you.

EDIT: Ready to go.

Thanks, Todd
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

ToddHW wrote:Well if it an all female cast I guess the only thing I can do is MC. Setting it up for you.

EDIT: Ready to go.

Thanks, Todd
Thank you!

EDIT: And the mw is up and running:)
Kristin

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

DPL reporting for duty!

Let me know if you just need someone to PL the finished play or if I can help with the parts too.
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

RobBoard wrote:DPL reporting for duty!

Let me know if you just need someone to PL the finished play or if I can help with the parts too.
Yay! :clap: I prefer both, actually:)
Kristin

DianaS

Post by DianaS »

Hi, may I be the Narrator in Sections 1 -5?

I've scanned them all and the narrator mostly does the enter intros and a few comments here and there.

Should we wait for the text links in the magic window?
DianaS

Post by Kristingj »

DianaS wrote:Hi, may I be the Narrator in Sections 1 -5?

I've scanned them all and the narrator mostly does the enter intros and a few comments here and there.

Should we wait for the text links in the magic window?
Great, all yours:)
The text links are at the bottom of the mw
Kristin

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Funny how an "all female cast" production doesn't get off the ground... :?:

Could I read Mistress Pleasant please?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Availle wrote:Funny how an "all female cast" production doesn't get off the ground... :?:

Could I read Mistress Pleasant please?
Yeah, I was really surprised, thought it would really get off.
Of course, all yours:)
Kristin

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi, I would volunteer for one of the smaller roles, if I may. Can I have Faithful, please ?

Sonia
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kitty wrote:Hi, I would volunteer for one of the smaller roles, if I may. Can I have Faithful, please ?

Sonia
Sure, thanks :)
Kristin

Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

May I please read the role of the bawd?
-Erin
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Newgatenovelist wrote:May I please read the role of the bawd?
-Erin
Yes, you may:)
Kristin