This is a discontinued Solo , let's get it into the catalogue - Anne
A famed archeologist, an aging doctor, and a young army engineer set out across the African desert on a great adventure. Professor Higgs is in search of new archeological discoveries, Dr. Adams seeks to rescue his kidnapped son, and Captain Orme wants to forget an unhappy love affair. Maqueda, Daughter of Kings, ruler of the Abati, enlists their aid to destroy the sacred idol of a neighboring tribe with promises to help the doctor rescue his son. However, the idol is a second great sphinx, carved out of a mountain. In their quest they can expect little help from the weak and cowardly Abati. The road is fraught with danger, wild beasts, valiant enemies, and traitorous allies, but their greatest danger is a beautiful woman whom it is death to love.
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2602
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin ===========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
[*] Project Code: ZWEyeLG6
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (H. Rider Haggard) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._Rider_Haggard
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Sheba's_Ring
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 20
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1910
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Fictional Biographies & Memoirs; Romance; General Fiction/Published 1800 -1900
Keywords that describe the book: adventure, solomon, africa, sphinx, sheba
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Note: Readers may ignore footnotes but if they add information of interest, may be included at the end of the sentence in the form of "Footnote... end footnote"
- The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
- "Chapter [number] of Queen Sheba's Ring. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
"Queen Sheba's Ring, by H. Rider Haggard. [Chapter]"
- Only if applicable, say:
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Queen Sheba's Ring, by H. Rider Haggard. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
[*]Example filename queenshebasring_##_haggard_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. queenshebasring_01_haggard_128kb.mp3)
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below[/list]