COMPLETE [DR] Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Last one and done! Narrator for Story 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/justsostories_narrator_11.mp3 (15:53)

Please note that this one has 8 seconds of silence at the end. If the story ends up being shorter than 30 mins (which I think it will) this can be shortened.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Elizabby wrote:Last one and done! Narrator for Story 11:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/justsostories_narrator_11.mp3 (15:53)

Please note that this one has 8 seconds of silence at the end. If the story ends up being shorter than 30 mins (which I think it will) this can be shortened.
thanks for that no problem I always check the end silence when I edit so no problem.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
raghaillaigh

Post by raghaillaigh »

I have two questions about narrating story 9.

The poem at the end of the story is highlighted to be spoken by Tegumai. Is that intentional? I ask because chapter 8 the narrator speaks it.

Many times in the story, you come across the following construction:
And she drew this. (1.)
Of course the number refers to one of Kipling's drawings. Should I simply say the word "one"?

Thanks,
Vin
Vin Reilly

Advantages of web magazines over paper:
it saves trees & you'll never have to lug a bag of
electrons out for recycling.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

raghaillaigh wrote:I have two questions about narrating story 9.

The poem at the end of the story is highlighted to be spoken by Tegumai. Is that intentional? I ask because chapter 8 the narrator speaks it.

Many times in the story, you come across the following construction:
And she drew this. (1.)
Of course the number refers to one of Kipling's drawings. Should I simply say the word "one"?

Thanks,
Vin
Hi Vin
I think you are right I will alter it to be read by the narrator. No one has signed up to Tegumai so it will not cause any problems. Where the text refers to pictures I would leave that out as it will not make any sense. Hope all that is ok.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
raghaillaigh

Post by raghaillaigh »

Vin Reilly

Advantages of web magazines over paper:
it saves trees & you'll never have to lug a bag of
electrons out for recycling.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Kristingj wrote:Here are my sections:)
thanks Kristin
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

raghaillaigh wrote:Here is the narrator for story 8

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/justsostories_narrator_8_128kb.mp3
Length 14:51
thanks
Michele
BillyShakespeare

Post by BillyShakespeare »

wib66 wrote:Camel, giraffe PL Notes

The volume on both these files is very low and will need increasing however due to the fact that they are so low when you amplify this may increase the background noise which can be removed using the following process

Audacity's Noise Removal will be effective. Select a short selection of background noise only (no speech), then click Effect | Noise Removal | Get Noise Profile.
"Then select the whole recording (Ctrl+A), click Effect | Noise Removal again. I use the following settings:

"You can check your own volume by using our Checker program - see info at http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker. Make sure you download the experimental version - you will find the volume in decibels on the Information tab."

When you have carried out these edits please re upload the file using the same file name ensuring that it is in all lowercase

Thanks
they already have noise removal, I should be able to do that and the other recording on monday
~Billy~
Hand Crafted Pens, come and see my collection here:
PenTurner

Got stories Swimming around in your head? why not write them down? I worked for me. although I'm still writing.
Kingdom Pen Dot Org

So much to do... and write... and think... and say.... BillyShakespeare
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator for stories 7 and 10 are PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator Story 11 is PL OK thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

narrator story 12 is PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Teshumai story 8

One missing line at the beginning

'Where in the world have you two been to, to get so shocking dirty? Really, my Tegumai, you're no better than my Taffy.'

thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

The following are all PL OK

crocodile 5
djinn 2
egyptian queen 12
hedgehog 7
leopard 4
magician 10
nqong 6
rhinoceros 3
teshumai 8 and 9
whale 1
wilddog 11
Michele