COMPLETE [DR] Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

BillyShakespeare wrote:Hi,
for the giraffe, should I "HUMPH" once or more than once?

Hope you don't mind but this made me laugh out loud ha ha

I will leave it up to you whatever you feel is best I don't mind. :mrgreen:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

If I may comment, I find that cutting and pasting gives a funny sound to the final product. If a line is repeated (in this case several times) I usually read it slightly differently each time. That's what I would recommend.

For example there's a section where the camel is saying "Humph" but I think each time it should be more emphatic and deliberate. If they were all the same, the story sounds rather more flat. Say it out loud to yourself and see how it sounds:
'Humph!' said the Camel; and the Horse went away and told the Man.

Presently the Dog came to him, with a stick in his mouth, and said, 'Camel, O Camel, come and fetch and carry like the rest of us.'

'Humph!' said the Camel; and the Dog went away and told the Man.

Presently the Ox came to him, with the yoke on his neck and said, 'Camel, O Camel, come and plough like the rest of us.'

'HUMPH!' said the Camel; and the Ox went away and told the Man.
BillyShakespeare

Post by BillyShakespeare »

Hi you two,^
thanks for the advice :D
I will record in the next week(I hope)
~Billy~
Hand Crafted Pens, come and see my collection here:
PenTurner

Got stories Swimming around in your head? why not write them down? I worked for me. although I'm still writing.
Kingdom Pen Dot Org

So much to do... and write... and think... and say.... BillyShakespeare
BillyShakespeare

~Billy~
PenTurner

Got stories Swimming around in your head? why not write them down? I worked for me. although I'm still writing.
Kingdom Pen Dot Org

RoboticLobsters

Post by RoboticLobsters »

can i please read parts 11, 22, 31, 68 and 86.
will try to do tomorrow
Projects:
Camping and Woodcraft Full
Bunyan's Characters

So much time, So few things to do...
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thank you for your sections
Just for future reference but please don't change it for this file as it will be edited together with the other parts but filenames should not contain capital letters they should all be lowercase.

Thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

RoboticLobsters wrote:can i please read parts 11, 22, 31, 68 and 86.
will try to do tomorrow
thanks I will sign you up to those
Michele
RoboticLobsters

Post by RoboticLobsters »

The poem at the end of story 4 seems disjointed and I am uncertain as to how to read it
Projects:
Camping and Woodcraft Full
Bunyan's Characters

So much time, So few things to do...
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

It's a little boy pretending to be the "Wise Baviaan" and talking to his Daddy about an adventure he wants to go on. His Mother is receiving visitors and his Nanny doesn't mind, so he's begging his Daddy to take him away. He's brought his father his coat and hat, etc. The dashes indicate short pauses.

If you used a "wise man" voice for the Baviaan, use it again for the second line only. The rest should be in a "little boy" voice.

Does that help? If you really don't want to read it, I can assign it to the narrator, but I tend to use character voices whenever possible to vary the tone of the piece.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Michele, I've just realised that in Story 5 (The Elephant's Child) there is no "crowd". For the crowd scene I just coloured it for the Python, Kokolo Bird and Baboon - I think three voices should be enough for a "crowd" feel. So unless you want another voice for the crowd (just that one word) that section can be deleted.

I can also read the word as the narrator if you want another voice?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Elizabby wrote:Michele, I've just realised that in Story 5 (The Elephant's Child) there is no "crowd". For the crowd scene I just coloured it for the Python, Kokolo Bird and Baboon - I think three voices should be enough for a "crowd" feel. So unless you want another voice for the crowd (just that one word) that section can be deleted.

I can also read the word as the narrator if you want another voice?
No thats great I will just delete that section that makes sense thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thank you for your sections and I will sign you up to the others thanks
Please note there has been some movement of sections and these are now

37 42 and 77
Michele
BillyShakespeare

Hi,
may I please have (90;Animal From The Deep)
~Billy~
PenTurner

Kingdom Pen Dot Org

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Here is the Narration for Story 2 (How the Camel Got His Hump) and Story 4 (How the Leopard Got His Spots)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/justsostories_narrator_02_128kb.mp3 (4:30)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/justsostories_narrator_04_128kb.mp3 (9:20)