Hello Rachel,

I'd like to claim :
  • 7 - When?
  • 21 - A Farewell
  • 30 - Two Ways to Love
  • 39 - Overshadowed
  • 59 - My Rights
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

SweetPea wrote:(MaryAnn, would you mind fixing Crystal's reader page? Thanks! :))
Done!
MaryAnn
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

crgattis wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/verses_08_coolidge_128kb.mp3

Well, here is my first recording. I hope it is ok. I couldn't figure out how to download and install the volume checker program, so let me know if there is a decibel issue.

I won't be offended if you would like to give me pointers and have me redo the recording. :)

I may try another tonight...

Crystal

crgattis wrote:If it is ok, I plan to try Hope and I (32) and How The Leaves Came Down (57).

Crystal
Thanks a lot, Crystal! That was super fast! :D

ezwa wrote:Hello Rachel,

I'd like to claim :
  • 7 - When?
  • 21 - A Farewell
  • 30 - Two Ways to Love
  • 39 - Overshadowed
  • 59 - My Rights
All yours, thank you Ezwa! :D

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Done!
MaryAnn
Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Oh, Crystal, I forgot to ask - how long are your recordings? :) We need that to make sure the whole thing uploaded properly. Thanks! :)

Larry - your poems are PL OK! Thanks a lot! :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you for these nicely read poems, Crystal.

Just a few technical issues:

1). The opening silence on all three is too long. It should be no more than ONE second.
2). The ending silence is too short in Sec. 8, too long in Sec 32, and just a tad long in Sec 57. We aim for FIVE seconds at the end.

These two things are easily corrected just by trimming off the excess. To add some silence to the end, just copy and past from that long opening silence, then trim to 5 seconds.

3) The volume is o the high side, but only Sec. 57 falls outside our range (86-92) measuring 92.4 dB. Use the Amplify feature in Audacity and set it at minus 3.

4) Although not terrible, there is a consistent hum that could be greatly improved by Noise Reduction. Take a noise sample from the opening silence and then run it for the entire file. You could set it for 15 dB of reduction. This is not absolutely necessary, but since you asked for suggestions, I thought I'd mention it.

So, take care of the silences, the volume on 57 (noise reduction, if you so choose) and upload the corrected files under the same name, and then post a note here with the new file lengths.

Thanks for reading! I hope to hear your voice often here on LibriVox :clap:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
EricBurns

Post by EricBurns »

I'd like to claim #15 "Flood-Tide" and #19 "A Lonely Moment".

-Eric
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, thank you! :D
Rachel

EricBurns

Post by EricBurns »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thanks Eric! Your sections are in the MW. :)
Rachel

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, my! I'm sure you are a recording professional with a voice like that and an expressive reading style!

Thank you so much for these short poems - both PL OK!

I hope to hear you often, Eric, here at LibriVox! :clap:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
EricBurns

Post by EricBurns »

silverquill wrote:
Oh, my! I'm sure you are a recording professional with a voice like that and an expressive reading style!

Thank you so much for these short poems - both PL OK!

I hope to hear you often, Eric, here at LibriVox! :clap:
Thank you for your kind words! I've narrated as a volunteer for years and have just "turned pro" this week. It's an exciting time for me. I'll certainly be contributing more narrations to Librivox in the future!

-Eric
crgattis

Post by crgattis »

I will work on the changes and get the times for my recordings this weekend.
Thanks!!
Crystal
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Great! :D
Rachel

JessicaLouise

Post by JessicaLouise »

I'd like to claim a few sections, if I may:

10 - November
17 - Tokens
22 - Ebb and Flow
42 - My White Crysanthemum

Thank you,
Jessica Louise