What do you like about LV

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I like cooking hot dogs and toasting marshmallows over a campfire! Oh, wait, you said LibriVox, right? Haven't found a way to combine those yet. :roll:

Lots to like! I like reading. (Not editing so much, but who does?) But, I guess one of the things I like the most is learning! Whether I'm reading or proof listening, my horizons are always being stretched by exposure to new authors, new types of literature, new ideas and fascinating places.

I love the diversity of material and the diversity of people who make up this community - its openness and inclusiveness.

I even like Phil Chenevert :wink:
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

silverquill wrote: (Not editing so much, but who does?)
Me! I looooooooooove editing! but before I get inundated with requests to edit for others let me clarify. I love editing my -own- recordings, not others. :P
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Darvinia wrote:
silverquill wrote: (Not editing so much, but who does?)
Me! I looooooooooove editing! but before I get inundated with requests to edit for others let me clarify. I love editing my -own- recordings, not others. :P

There always has to be one crazy in the crowd :wink:

I keep telling myself that if I ever learn to read better, editing will be less of a chore . . . I just haven't made much progress. :roll: Editing just reminds of how lousy my reading is.

I'm getting close to editing my first plays, and I think that will be a lot of fun! The editing on that 10th Anniversary podcat was phenomenal. I've really got to listen to Peter Pan to hear how my Capt. Cook integrated into the whole story.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I trust Phil's tap-dancing comes naturally, and he doesn't have to faucet.

SOTE
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I particularly like it when I haven't seen someone here for a couple of years, and their name suddenly pops up on a post again :9:. It's a place you can come back to and be welcomed with open arms, and I like that.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Me, too :9:.
English is the lingua franca par excellence
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

silverquill wrote: August 23rd, 2015, 11:08 am
I'm getting close to editing my first plays, and I think that will be a lot of fun! The editing on that 10th Anniversary podcat was phenomenal. I've really got to listen to Peter Pan to hear how my Capt. Cook integrated into the whole story.
You did pretty well with the ol’ codfish I must say. :lol:(“Codfish” referring to the character, not the reader of course. :wink: )
What do I like about LV? Lots of things, including the thing at the top which tells the date. During quarantines, one is rather apt to lose track of the days and weeks.
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌
Kristine1990

Post by Kristine1990 »

I like how everyone comes together to create something, not to mention the eagerness to help when you need it on a project. :)
Laveena27

Post by Laveena27 »

It's system and the fact that it is mostly put together by volunteers
ruthema

Post by ruthema »

I've always loved reading aloud and it's nice to be able to do it as part of a project. It's also a nice distraction from everything else going on in my life, and I appreciate that the commitment is whatever you make it to be. My schedule has been pretty insane ever since college started and while I have some time to give and enjoy being part of projects, I've got enough regular occurrences on my schedule that I really appreciate being part of something that I just do whenever I have a couple quiet hours.
madison rutherford
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

The fact that any given project can involve people from all over the world.
And this is true regardless of any participant's other interests or politics or lifestyle or....
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.