COMPLETE Witch of Edmonton by Dekker, et al. -rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Kitty wrote:Hi I am back from the holidays again and had time now to listen to some recordings.

I finished Winnifred’s parts. I cannot check the dB with Checker at the moment, but to me it sounded loud enough. I can check them at home later on and let you know, if you wish.

Acts 1.1., 4.1. and 5.2. are all PL ok

> the intro is missing in Acts 3, 4 and 5, but I guess it’s not important in dramatic reading as it will be cut out anyway.

Found two tiny mistakes in Act 3.2.

> at 0:37: after "who coming, your wife" I hear a thump, but it’s right after the sentence, so if the editor cuts it immediately off, the thump won’t be heard.

> at 1:22-1:26: "were it then by to buy" there’s a stumble and the phrase is repeated again

Now on to the Dog’s recordings…

Sonia
Hi folks - I am out of town for most of August, so would it be possible to have these two mistakes fixed in editing? Since they do not need to be re-recorded, only cut, they would be easy to fix by the editor. Let me know if that would be okay, since I don't know when I'll be able to fix them myself.
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

gloriana wrote:
Kitty wrote:Hi I am back from the holidays again and had time now to listen to some recordings.

I finished Winnifred’s parts. I cannot check the dB with Checker at the moment, but to me it sounded loud enough. I can check them at home later on and let you know, if you wish.

Acts 1.1., 4.1. and 5.2. are all PL ok

> the intro is missing in Acts 3, 4 and 5, but I guess it’s not important in dramatic reading as it will be cut out anyway.

Found two tiny mistakes in Act 3.2.

> at 0:37: after "who coming, your wife" I hear a thump, but it’s right after the sentence, so if the editor cuts it immediately off, the thump won’t be heard.

> at 1:22-1:26: "were it then by to buy" there’s a stumble and the phrase is repeated again

Now on to the Dog’s recordings…

Sonia
Hi folks - I am out of town for most of August, so would it be possible to have these two mistakes fixed in editing? Since they do not need to be re-recorded, only cut, they would be easy to fix by the editor. Let me know if that would be okay, since I don't know when I'll be able to fix them myself.
I'll just cut them in, no worries about anything further. :)
Hello! Newly graduated and occasional Librivox contributor.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kitty wrote:Checked Katherine's parts.

all ok with Checker. I heard some background noise throughout, like a soft wind blowing, but if I put my earplugs less loud, I don't hear it anymore, depends on how loud you play it. But maybe it can be cleaned easily still ? Or am I listening too closely and this is perfectly normal ?

Katherine Acts 1.2. and 5.2., and Spirit Act 3.1. are all PL ok. I find, you doing another voice with the spirit is quite suitable here.

One small part missing in Act 4.2.

> at 2:34: "Dead, sir!" missing before "O, father, we are cozened"

Sonia
I've fixed and uploaded 4.2 again:)
I didn't hear any background noise except when I cranked the speakers way up, but maybe I'm just not hearing it?
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kristingj wrote:I've fixed and uploaded 4.2 again:)
Hi Kristin

checked the part in 4.2. and all is PL ok now. :) MW can be updated.
Kristingj wrote:I didn't hear any background noise except when I cranked the speakers way up, but maybe I'm just not hearing it?
Then maybe my earplugs were just too sensitive. I'm sure it's fine in the end.

Btw Frank's parts are also PL Ok, the MW hasn't been updated with that info yet.

And now I'm off into the holidays for two weeks and probably won't be doing any stuff here. See you all back in September. I'm probably gonna have some backlog to listen too by then.

Sonia
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Almost forgot about this project, but I remembered! Here is Sir Arthur Clarington

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_3_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_4_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_5_128kb.mp3

In Act Five there is a line assigned to "All" ("Away with her, away!") Did you want me to add that?

Also, would you like me to read any of the smaller parts, such as one of the Clowns?

Brad ("Hamlet")
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Hamlet wrote:Almost forgot about this project, but I remembered! Here is Sir Arthur Clarington

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_1_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_3_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_4_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/witchofedmonton_sirarthurclarington_5_128kb.mp3

In Act Five there is a line assigned to "All" ("Away with her, away!") Did you want me to add that?

Also, would you like me to read any of the smaller parts, such as one of the Clowns?

Brad ("Hamlet")
If you could change up your voice somewhat, I'll sign you up for the Fourth Clown / Sawgut.

Unreadpages, I signed you up for OT and the other guy!
Last edited by Tortilla on September 15th, 2015, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

This is a very fine play, especially as it was written by a consortium!
Could I claim Sect 8: Old Thorney/Hamluc?
Peter
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

Peter, I signed you up, and Hamlet, I got you in the MW as the fourth clown/sawgut!

Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Tortilla

I have already checked Katherine’s part in Act 5 and the Spirit in Act 3 and both are PL ok. Maybe you didn’t see my note a few posts earlier. Could you change the status in the MW there as well please ?

Right now, I finished checking Sir Arthur Clarington’s lines. I enjoyed listening to his voice and it’s well acted out too.

I found a few minor discrepancies, but in my opinion they can all stay the way they were read.

- Act 1

> at 0:30: Original: “to have built a stews in” / here: “to build a stews in” – probably negligible, since it doesn’t really change the meaning

> at 2:57: Original: “at other’s cost” / here: “at other cost” – negligible as well

> at 3:07: Original: [kisses her] / as a suggestion, maybe you could insert a smacking kissing sound here

- Act 3

> at 0:23: Original: “you may have yet a morris” / here: “you may yet have a morris” – negligible, actually your version sounds better than the original line

- Act 4

> run through checker, 92.2 dB - warning, that it’s slightly outside the desired range

- Act 5

Act 5 PL ok

Sonia
Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi, is there a reason my part is still marked as "assigned" in the mw? As far as I can see, I have recorded everything and it has been PL'ed OK.
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Tortilla

Post by Tortilla »

I've updated everything- was a little behind on that! You should be good now. Kitty, are you unable to access the MW? Usually the DPLs mark it themselves.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I checked and indeed Kitty didn't have access to the MW. So this must have been an oversight on my part! Sorry about that. Kitty is now signed up as the DPL and has MW access!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Rapunzelina wrote:I checked and indeed Kitty didn't have access to the MW. So this must have been an oversight on my part! Sorry about that. Kitty is now signed up as the DPL and has MW access!
No indeed, I don't even know how to update the MW, otherwise I would have done it. Sorry. :?

I see there are some new submissions, I try to find time this afternoon to check on them. Can somebody tell me step-by-step how to update the MW after that ?

Sonia