In relation to my post containing the QTranslate app link

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
dejanristic1983

Post by dejanristic1983 »

I was informed that the mentioned application was a potential spam. May I suppose that it is dangerous to use? I am asking you this because I have found it in one of the NVDA forums. Nobody has ever found it to be a suspicious app. Do you think that I have done something wrong by posting it? If yes, I am sorry for it, and excuse me for unintentionally doing so. I have been reading Librivox-read books, and it would be a stupid thing to ruin the site. If you find the app to be a real danger, is it possible for you to remove my post so that other members may not come into contact with the app?

Best regards,
Dejan
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No - what the admin was saying was that readers to our forums could think that your post was spam - unsolicited advertising. So she moved it to a thread that was made for posting such links.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

My apologies, Dejan! I should have sent you a message of explanation. (I usually do when I move a post). No, your link is not a bad one; I do not think it is dangerous to click. And Tricia is right: we prefer links of that sort to go into the Non-LV Links thread that you have already seen. We don't allow advertising, but your link was to a non-commercial (free) app that is related to LibriVox, so it was OK to post.
Laurie Anne