[Complete]Dramatized Bible Stories of the OldTest.-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Okay. I'll put you down for that.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
glennobrien

Post by glennobrien »

glennobrien wrote:Can I please read Brothers in Joseph parts 1 and 2 (stories 4 and 5)?
Breeze wrote:Okay. I'll put you down for that.
Here are the files:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_brothers_04.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_brothers_05.mp3
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Thank you. :)
-Bria

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

~Vanessa Cooley (Tauriel)
_________
"She walks in starlight in another world..."
~Kili, The Desolation of Smaug
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Thanks.
-Bria

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Caught up on the proof listening yesterday. I believe everybody's parts are PL okay now.
I especially enjoyed some of your parts Esther and everyone else was good too.
-Bria

HowieW

Post by HowieW »

Hi there!

I'd love to be apart of this! I do have a few questions though as it's my first time.

1. When you record a part with multiple lines in different places, how should I record them? Do I just say it all in one file? I'm not sure about the correct procedure.

2. When someone says at the beginning of their recording [role], read by [name], during editing I assume all of those get 'chopped' out?

3. Do we just record everything in our own accent? I assume so, unless in other works a character is clearly defined as being with a different accent? Maybe not! :P

4. With dramatised recordings, can we give it a bit more 'umph'? Like almost acting? And do the editors add effects and stuff to make it more dramatized?

Sorry for the questions but I just really want to completely understand it all and get it right :)

Anyway, I'd love to take the part of Moses 6, 7 & 8 if that's still available :)

I'd like my catalog name to be Howie J. Watts

Thank you!
Last edited by HowieW on July 18th, 2015, 7:00 pm, edited 7 times in total.
- Howard
tayshalynn

Post by tayshalynn »

Could I have Lot's Daughter, 2, if it's still open? I read over the part, and yes, it's pretty strange. :shock: But, hey, it's the Bible, so I don't mind reading it. :D

Thanks!
-tayshalynn
tayshalynn

Post by tayshalynn »

tayshalynn wrote:Could I have Lot's Daughter, 2, if it's still open? I read over the part, and yes, it's pretty strange. :shock: But, hey, it's the Bible, so I don't mind reading it. :D

Thanks!
-tayshalynn
I went ahead and uploaded the recording for Lot's daughter. I hope that's okay. Please let me know if I need to make any changes. I'm pretty new here. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_lotsdaughter_2.mp3
file duration: 00, 24
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

Adele

Post by Anfinwen »

I think I can do "sons of the prophets 18" and "servant 18." I am having difficulty finding those lines, so if someone could direct me to them that would be great.
Edit: I found them. If it's too much to do two parts in the same story, I can just do "servant 18"
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage. Otherwise you are making their destiny not brighter but darker."
-C.S. Lewis
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

tayshalynn wrote:
tayshalynn wrote:Could I have Lot's Daughter, 2, if it's still open? I read over the part, and yes, it's pretty strange. :shock: But, hey, it's the Bible, so I don't mind reading it. :D

Thanks!
-tayshalynn
I went ahead and uploaded the recording for Lot's daughter. I hope that's okay. Please let me know if I need to make any changes. I'm pretty new here. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/dbsot_lotsdaughter_2.mp3
file duration: 00, 24
Thank you.
-Bria

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

1. When you record a part with multiple lines in different places, how should I record them? Do I just say it all in one file? I'm not sure about the correct procedure.
All in one file but leave a little gap between them.

2. When someone says at the beginning of their recording [role], read by [name], during editing I assume all of those get 'chopped' out?

They all get put at the beginning of the recording.

3. Do we just record everything in our own accent? I assume so, unless in other works a character is clearly defined as being with a different accent? Maybe not! :P
No need to do a different accent unless you want to.

4. With dramatised recordings, can we give it a bit more 'umph'? Like almost acting? And do the editors add effects and stuff to make it more dramatized?
Yes! 'Umph' is great.

Sorry for the questions but I just really want to completely understand it all and get it right :)

Anyway, I'd love to take the part of Moses 6, 7 & 8 if that's still available :)

Yes, that would be great.
-Bria

Breeze

Post by Breeze »

Anfinwen wrote:I think I can do "sons of the prophets 18" and "servant 18." I am having difficulty finding those lines, so if someone could direct me to them that would be great.
Edit: I found them. If it's too much to do two parts in the same story, I can just do "servant 18"
It's better if you just do servants. You may be able to find another part you like though.

What name would you like to have in the catalogue?
-Bria

HowieW

Post by HowieW »

Breeze wrote:1. When you record a part with multiple lines in different places, how should I record them? Do I just say it all in one file? I'm not sure about the correct procedure.
All in one file but leave a little gap between them.

They all get put at the beginning of the recording.

No need to do a different accent unless you want to.

Yes! 'Umph' is great.

Yes, that would be great.
Thank you very much for your help! One last thing...what does 20/7 mean? ?
- Howard