[Solo] The Girl From the Marsh Croft by Selma Lagerlöf - avs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aravis

Post by aravis »

Section 12 is great! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

That's reassuring. Thank You. :D

I have recorded several chapters /sections of our two projects now, so I hope to have them edited in the not too far future. Cross my fingers-

Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Now i am back so here is section 13 now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/aravis/girlfromthemarshcroft_13_lagerloef_128kb.mp3

Time: 39:32

The Title is appropriate for this time of the year I think: "The Legend of the Christmas Rose".

I try to walk between the Little Colonel and Selma Lagerlöf at the moment, but it may take a couple of weeks for the next chapter or section with the upcoming Holidays now. So have a Nice and Happy Christmas and well met again in the next year.

Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
aravis

Post by aravis »

Downloading... :D

I'm so sorry, I totally overlooked that one. :oops:
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Take your time.
I understand.

I am editing the next section here at the moment, but there is no hurry.

Lars
aravis

Post by aravis »

Section 13 is great! :D

I absolutely loved that story! SO sweet!
Elli

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

So did I.
Thank You, Elli.

The next story is very interesting too, I think. I am in the middle of editing it at the moment (jumping between Selma and the Little Colonel), I hope to have both chapters finished within a fortnight, - after I have come home again. (see comment at "The Masid of Honor")

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hi there, Elli!

Something I can't quite explain to myself happened which suddenly put a stop on many things for me. I wanted to go on reading and editing for LV but just sat there, doing very, very little or nothing. And then I turned to other things, but still had (and have) bad feelings for not telling anyone, especially you and Maria.
But at the same time I wanted to and wanted to go on. And I have actually been "collecting" a number of books/texts from "Gutenberg's" to look at for possible future recordings.
BUT now I am back again and will really try to come back to my old enthusiasm.
During the first half of this year I have got several thanks via "Thank a Reader", and several have told how much they like Selma Lagerlöf, so I think some of the praise should go to you too then.

Here is section 14 from "The Girl from the Marsh Ctroft". It is a bit different story or Legend from Jerusalem this time.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aravis/girlfromthemarshcroft_14_lagerloef_128kb.mp3

Running time: 20:53

As I have taken an extremely long pause, you are free to take as much time as you wish or need. I'm not in a great hurry.
Have a nice summer.

Lars
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

As a tribute to the late Lars Rolander, I would like to put up my hand to read the last two chapters.

it would be both sad and unjust if Lar's final recording ended up as an abandoned project.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Algy Pug »

As arranged with David Lawrence, I will be completing this project.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by aradlaw »

Lars' section 14 - A Story from Jerusalem is PL OK.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by aradlaw »

Chapters 15 & 16 are PL OK.
Thank you, Algy, for completing this project. :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-girl-from-the-marsh-croft-by-selma-lagerloef/
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!