Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

...when your computer decides it just has to perform a 2 hour update in the middle of your recording...
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

wildemoose wrote:Of course, there's always the simple but classic "read a whole section without hitting record"...
:)
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

...when you lend your computer to someone, and he/she turns off the computer without saving the edit.
But when we turn on again, we can recover it :D

Or

...when you spoil the words more than 3 times.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Kangaroo692 wrote:
wildemoose wrote:Of course, there's always the simple but classic "read a whole section without hitting record"...
:)
What do you call recording a whole section without hitting record? -- A decent rehearsal. :P

My mic has a mute button, which actually blinks and then one can also see the Audacity getting something, yet I recently managed to read a [relatively short] section on mute: ignored the blinking and didn't look at waveforms in Audacity (my text window to which I switched right after hitting "record", covered the Audacity window)... Oh well, at least I had fairly familiarized myself with the text when I realized that I needed to start over :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

When you have a slight cold that lingers, for weeks.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

When someone asks you to go to market while doing 1-hour recording, and when I get back I don't remember it.
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

When you have to go to the bathroom while recording a big long paragraph. Like a screen big paragraph.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

ej400 wrote:When you have to go to the bathroom while recording a big long paragraph. Like a screen big paragraph.
if you are reading from a gutenberg text rather than from a scan, you can select the sentence that comes next and never lose your line :)
Carolin
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Alternatively, one could go to the bathroom before firing up the microphone... :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ej400

Post by ej400 »

But you did'nt know you had to go.

And that gutenberg tip, thanks.
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

My bathroom is also my recording studio, so this is not a problem for me. Unfortunately, failing eyesight and disastrously decayed dentition are ongoing problems. I shall return, however, and you will hear wonders...

Martin
ej400

Post by ej400 »

LOL!

I live in a family of 5, and 1 bathroom, so if I recorded in the bathroom, WW3 would break loose.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

When you have at least 150 books on your shelves that you have not yet read but you can't decide which one you are now going to read decisions, decisions, it's just too hard.

and yes I do have that many unread books. I actually gave away 250 books last year to the charity shop. It was really difficult to do but they were just taking over my house. Just can't have too many books though and I always end up bringing loads more home. I also have about 120 books lined up on my Kindle as well as all the books on here I still want to read, PL, listen to in the car. Hence my new quote in my signature.

:9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9: :9:
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

And what did I do today.

Yep I bought another book. Was walking passed a market stall with second hand books and couldn't resist. Oh well :9:
Last edited by wib66 on June 30th, 2015, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi