COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Thanks for getting us started, Amanda! :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
AprilWalters

Post by AprilWalters »

I'd like to take the role of Natasya, the servant, if it's still open? (I want to finish my June High Noon claims first, of course).
AprilWalters
Not sure what I am doing with my life right now
Sorry for flaking out for 2016-2017.
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

AprilWalters wrote:I'd like to take the role of Natasya, the servant, if it's still open? (I want to finish my June High Noon claims first, of course).
Thanks, April! She's all yours. :)
Mary

carteki

Post by carteki »

JoFriday21 wrote:First 1 for Sonia:
:clap: :clap:
PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_18.mp3 2'49"

PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_24.mp3 13'34"

I'm marking Sonia_24 PL-OK as its great, but there is a "Come Forth" missing at 12'09" (story of Lazarus) if you want to be word perfect.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

carteki wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:First 1 for Sonia:
:clap: :clap:
PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_18.mp3 2'49"

PL OK https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_sonia_24.mp3 13'34"

I'm marking Sonia_24 PL-OK as its great, but there is a "Come Forth" missing at 12'09" (story of Lazarus) if you want to be word perfect.

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks, carteki! I'll leave that one up to you, Amanda, since it does not seem to change meaning, really.
Mary

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Pyotr Petrovitch Luzhin - my second choice. He'll be lots of fun to do.
~ Larry
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

silverquill wrote:Pyotr Petrovitch Luzhin - my second choice. He'll be lots of fun to do.
An excellent choice. I'll look forward to hearing this--I'm so used to hearing you read good guy/romantic hero roles, and I bet this will make a fun change. :twisted:

P.S. Give the pronunciation guide a listen. Turns out "Luzhin" is pronounced completely differently than what I had thought before I heard it.
Mary

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I certainly will follow the pronunciation guide! I tried studying Russian once, but didn't get very far.

Actually, my favorite roles on stage have been villains. My favorite was Thomas Cromwell, but I also played Satan once - and God once. So, I'll have fun and try not to ham it up too much. 8-)
~ Larry
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

silverquill wrote:I certainly will follow the pronunciation guide! I tried studying Russian once, but didn't get very far.

Actually, my favorite roles on stage have been villains. My favorite was Thomas Cromwell, but I also played Satan once - and God once. So, I'll have fun and try not to ham it up too much. 8-)
Awesome. :)
Mary

LydiaCW

Post by LydiaCW »

Could I read Lizaveta in chapter 5, and Passerby 4 in chapter 9, and Polenka in chapter 14, and the beggar woman in chapter 39? Also, I don't know if this is gender correct, but if it's okay I would also like to read the Polish lodger in chapter 29.
Lydia

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomine tuo da glorium!
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

LydiaCW wrote:Could I read Lizaveta in chapter 5, and Passerby 4 in chapter 9, and Polenka in chapter 14, and the beggar woman in chapter 39? Also, I don't know if this is gender correct, but if it's okay I would also like to read the Polish lodger in chapter 29.
Hi Lydia,

Sure! Thanks for the claims! :) I had passerby 4 also doing some lines in Chapters 14 and 31. Do you want to do those, too? You'd have to do Polenka in a different voice, I guess, but other than that it doesn't matter to me either way. It's not at all important that all Passerby 4's line are all one person.
Mary

HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

LydiaCW wrote:Also, I don't know if this is gender correct, but if it's okay I would also like to read the Polish lodger in chapter 29.
And yes, most roles are gender neutral, except for a few main characters. :)
Mary