COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

GenVK wrote:I would like to request the role of Razumikhin, if that would be alright.

Thanks!
That would be awesome! Thanks. :)
silverquill wrote:Been following this . . . Probably good that Raskolnikov is taken so I won't be tempted by that. But, I would throw my hat in the ring for Razumihin.

I am still finishing the editing of several DRs and I have American Cousin to do, but should have room for this.

All the best with this huge project!
Thanks, Larry, but Zach beat you to it by a few minutes. Still lots of other great roles available, though. If you fancy trying a kind of evil role, you might check out Luzhin. Otherwise, there's Zossimov or Lebeziatnikov.
Availle wrote: Mary, you should add the note that this is not PD for anyone in Europe (death + 70) It's fine in Canada and Australia though.
Thanks, will do. I honestly hadn't noticed that. :oops:
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

tovarisch wrote:As soon as we've been picked up by an MC, the pronunciation guide will be uploaded. I'll be happy to answer any questions with respect to names of people or places, customs, whatnot.
Awesome! Thanks. :)
Mary

Shakira

Post by Shakira »

I would love to read Katerina Ivanona. Complex, morally-ambiguous characters are fun, and moreso when they sing! ;)
Shakira S. - Verbose, vivacious, versatile vocalist.
Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
LV Reader Page

My health is utterly pants, but I'm getting things done.

https://soundcloud.com/shakira-s/
https://soundcloud.com/shakira-speaks/
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Shakira wrote:I would love to read Katerina Ivanona. Complex, morally-ambiguous characters are fun, and moreso when they sing! ;)
Thanks, Shakira! I quite agree. :)
Mary

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mary,

I can MC this for you . . . the MW is up.

cartek - Since this will be your first project as DPL, you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can enter the information into the section compiler which then appears in the "Magic Window" (MW) in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow

Instructions for BCs and DPLs

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.

BCs - How to Update the Magic Window

It's good to read the entire document so that you understand the respective roles of BC and DPL, but your focus will be on updating the status in the MW for the sections that you have listened to.

Guidelines on PLing for Dramatic Works are here: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667
Special proof-listening - Dramatic Works
-- Individual roles should be proof-listened against the text as soon as they are submitted. Note any differences (with the time)
-- Has the reader left out any lines? If so, post in the thread to have the lines recorded.
-- Are there any repeats, or serious stumbles that ought to be edited out of particular lines? If so, note the words and the time.
-- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
-- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
-- Final edited files should be proof-listened against the original source text (not Google docs).
-- Do the intro and disclaimer on final edited files match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
-- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?
Please let me know if you have any trouble getting into the MW or if you have any questions along the way.

MaryAnn
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

As promised, here is the pronunciation guide with the names Mary gave me:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_dostoevsky_pronunciationguide.mp3

If you'd like more information on any of them or some other names, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Mary,

I looked at the Porfiry entry in the Character list and discovered that it lists section 31, but there are no Porfiry's words in that section. Just something to consider when filling up the MW... Hopefully your procedure will resolve any possible issues like that. :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sigh ...... I guess I spent too much time studying the text to choose a part that I thought would be good for me. To be honest, I'm not that familiar with this book so I think I'll sit this one out for awhile and maybe take one of the smaller parts when things get rolling. Thanks for thinking of me.
~ Larry
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

MaryAnn:

Thank you! Will begin filling out the MW in a few hours.

Victor:

Thanks! I'll put the pronunciation guide in the first post now, and I'll double check the characters' chapters when I do the MW.

Larry:

Understand entirely. Best of luck with all your projects. :)
Mary

HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

The MW should be ready to go! We're ready for Readers Wanted. :)
Mary

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

My accent isn't strong enough for me to feel comfortable using it - is that okay? :-)
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

JoFriday21 wrote:My accent isn't strong enough for me to feel comfortable using it - is that okay? :-)
Accent? You mean like a Russian accent? I don't really feel like accents are necessary for a work in translation, unless the character is said to have a specific one (like Amalia Ivanovna and her German accent). For Sonia, I'd say to use whichever accent you feel most comfortable with or you feel fits the part. :)

(Does that answer your question? I'm not 100% sure I understood it. :oops: )
Mary

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

Yep, that's exactly what I was asking :-)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

About the accent thing, if I can do it, do you want it?
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

Kristingj wrote:About the accent thing, if I can do it, do you want it?
Up to you. I'd just as soon not, because I think it would be distracting, and I don't want to risk making it sound like a parody. But if you think it will add to your character without doing that, it's your call.
Mary