Librivox Podcasts

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
peac

Post by peac »

Apologies in advance, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but unfortunately searching for it returns every single project, since "podcast" is part of the standard script, so here I go again.

Is there any reason why Librivox projects couldn't be added to iTunes as podcasts? I'm thinking that collections of short stories or essays could be easily packaged as weekly podcast episodes.

Thoughts?
John Andrew Holmes: "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'm not sure of the ins and outs of it, but aren't a lot of our projects over there already? We have a link on each catalog page to iTunes. Are you referring to something different?

My initial reaction is, go for it. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The Itunes link on our page just adds them to the iTunes page you have in your computer so you can play them on the player there as a "podcast" -( it's just like an RSS feed ), not to the iTunes catalogue/shop site/ itself which is what the first poster is talking about
We can't do it automatically - and the ones there have been added by people who want to do it. I don't think there is anyone volunteering at the moment - so anyone interested can find out how to do it and do it.
I actually got here from the iTunes in the first place :D so it is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your point of view :D

Anne
peac

Post by peac »

annise wrote:I actually got here from the iTunes in the first place
This was what I was thinking of - good publicity for Librivox as well as another distribution channel. I don't think every book could be serialized, but some lend themselves pretty well to that.

Doesn't sound like there's any reason not too, so I'll look into it.
John Andrew Holmes: "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."