[COMPLETE] Marion de Lorme by Victor Hugo-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

GlassMask wrote:I'm afraid I know nothing about this play (except of course the famous author), but I'd be happy to read a role or two. I'm excited to find my surname used in a play; no one here in the southeast US seems to be able to spell or pronounce it... ^_^

That Darn Ted (Delorme)
Of course! Do you have any idea what kind of role you'd like? Big, small, kind, asshole?:P
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

Kristin,

I'm surprised that anyone would say that Biggie Smalls was kind of an asshole, but he did have his detractors, so... I'm a character actor; I'll take whichever character is interesting; good or evil is for someone else to figure out... ^_^
"To those who accept their fate, happiness. To those who defy their fate, glory."
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

GlassMask wrote:Kristin,

I'm surprised that anyone would say that Biggie Smalls was kind of an asshole, but he did have his detractors, so... I'm a character actor; I'll take whichever character is interesting; good or evil is for someone else to figure out... ^_^
Oh, haha :p
Well I would suggest the king, I think you would like playing him actually. He's only on one act, be he has some long speeches.
if you'd rather like a couple of smaller ones.
Other than that I'd say nangis, maybe
Kristin

jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Kristin, could you recommend a role for a young girl to play? It doesn't matter the size :)
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

jessieyun0404 wrote:Kristin, could you recommend a role for a young girl to play? It doesn't matter the size :)
You could do Dame Rose, it's the only other female, but is a very small role. You could take a couple of smaller ones and combine them, if they are in different acts.
Otherwise, I would maybe suggest L'angely
Kristin

jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Thanks, Kristin. I'll take Dame Rose and find other parts if I can :)
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

jessieyun0404 wrote:Thanks, Kristin. I'll take Dame Rose and find other parts if I can :)
Okay, all yours:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Marion is in the mw:)
Kristin

GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

Kristin, it has been absolutely weeks since I've played a king so I'll give it a go. Sign me up, please.

That Darn Ted
"To those who accept their fate, happiness. To those who defy their fate, glory."
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

GlassMask wrote:Kristin, it has been absolutely weeks since I've played a king so I'll give it a go. Sign me up, please.

That Darn Ted
Great, he's all yours:)
Kristin

GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

So now I have to ask... Have we got a standard pronunciation of proper names in the works? Just so we all say them the same. Otherwise, I'll just bungle through them (one of the perks of being the king...).

Read through Louis's lines, and looks like good stuff. It'll be fun to not be typecast as the jester this time.
GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

And here's the file for the King. Sorry I had to zip it, but it instantly crashed my browser each time I selected the flac file for uploading, so this seemed to be the only thing that worked. File runs about 19:45, and is 45.9 Mb zipped and unzipped. Did a little research and learned that he was a major stutterer, but decided to dump that in the bin and just do the traditional vaguely british-ish PBS accent that all Europeans have in English translations.

That Darn Ted

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_king_4.flac.zip
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

GlassMask wrote:So now I have to ask... Have we got a standard pronunciation of proper names in the works? Just so we all say them the same. Otherwise, I'll just bungle through them (one of the perks of being the king...).

Read through Louis's lines, and looks like good stuff. It'll be fun to not be typecast as the jester this time.
Sorry for not seeing this, I guess I would just say try toi make them sound French, but you allready recorded, so:P
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

GlassMask wrote:And here's the file for the King. Sorry I had to zip it, but it instantly crashed my browser each time I selected the flac file for uploading, so this seemed to be the only thing that worked. File runs about 19:45, and is 45.9 Mb zipped and unzipped. Did a little research and learned that he was a major stutterer, but decided to dump that in the bin and just do the traditional vaguely british-ish PBS accent that all Europeans have in English translations.

That Darn Ted

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/mariondelorme_king_4.flac.zip
Hmm, strange. Were you using firefox? I've had some issues with them lately in regards to files as well. Did you try mp3? The reason we use flac is because when you make something into an mp3, you loose some of the quality. We have to compress it to mp3 in the end, so I like to keep the quality as high as possible, but ikt's no stress with mp3. The problem with a zip file is that not every computer can open it.
Kristin

GlassMask

Post by GlassMask »

Yep, Firefox on a Mac running an older OSX, so it could be anything. Never had a problem with the mp3 uploads, but each time I selected the flac file the entire browser would crash and shut down. I used zip because it may not be the best compression scheme, but it's the most used (and allowed by the LV uploader). MP3 available if needed...

That Darn Ted