Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 38:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemscolonialera_38_various_128kb.mp3

Run time is 13:56

Take care,

Greg
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Wonderful reading, PL OK. One of the things I like about this collection is the "good" poems all mingled with the rude broadsides!
dadjunior

Post by dadjunior »

Here is section 32, duration 6:53. On my 1-minute recording they told me to cut down the mic volume, so I did. Please let me know if it's ok.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemscolonialera_32_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks. :D :thumbs:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
dadjunior

Post by dadjunior »

Hi! Sorry this is so off-subject, but is there any way that I could do Charge of the Light Brigade? If I can, where do I post it?
Thanks! :thumbs: :clap: :help:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Thanks, Dad, I'll listen to this later today. To answer your question, there is always a poetry collection being put together, and that is where you can read something just because you want to. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56435
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Section 32 is PL OK, thanks for your contribution.

Section 8 is now orphaned.
malcbern

Post by malcbern »

I am just about to put all the parts of Section 8 together and see that I am no longer listed as the reader. It will be complete and turned in tomorrow or Thursday (barring any disaster). Sorry to have taken so long.
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Oops, glad you were still at work on it; sorry I lacked faith. You're back in!
malcbern

Post by malcbern »

I have posted Section 8 at https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemscolonialera_08_various_128kb.mp3

The length is 30m 28.4sec.

The first section was done with a different headset, and when I was through with the remaining three I found that I could not amplify and level to an equivalency. Aside from the sound level it seems a good recording.

I thought I would post this before re-recording to get your ideas. Especially given the time it has taken to do all the editing. The first section can be redone if you would like.

Thanks.
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Wonderful reading, Malcolm. There is one PL note, 15 seconds of silence at the beginning. I usually do a second and a half, but obviously you didn't intend it. I tend to forget to clip the end, and upload a track with too much trailing. Just make that edit and upload again, same file name, and it will replace the first one.

The division you mention between the sections doesn't bother me. Because you asked, the change of equipment would have been unsurmountable. It a little amazing they can work on the same track, and that is the reason that, if you run it in the program "Checker" (link in the wiki,) you would see the volume "passed with warnings," meaning a little loud in this case. That's because the second and third parts are a little loud, and the first one is quiet, and if you do record and edit in sections, take a look at all the help files about editing sections for volume, leveling, etc. Except that the principal concern, the new headset, will now be standard and no problem. Bear in mind that going back to the existing track will start to cause artifacts, or sound distortions, the more you play with it. I say move right on, make more recordings, we all keep getting better.
malcbern

Post by malcbern »

I have reposted https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/poemscolonialera_08_various_128kb.mp3
the revised Section 8, now 30m 15sec

Thanks very much for the tips and references. I'll start looking for another.

Malcolm
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Ann, I've uploaded sections 33, 34, and 35, my readings, so the need a Proof Listen eventually. Also, a couple months ago I uploaded section 49, my reading of a character in one of our Dramatic Readings, and it has needed a proof listen since. We were told the DR stuff all gets proofed twice, once upon recording for fidelity to text, and again when the editing of the work is done. Since Adele will be editing that, I don't guess she's the prooflistener, but maybe different projects fall out differently. Anyway, I will be grateful if you would listen to that too.

While I've got you, I've got a cataloging and search question. There are many poets in this text, under the name "various" and the notes I put into the magic window - which I'm not sure have anything to do with the catalog anyway - are all poem titles, no author names. With contributors like Whittier, Longfellow, and so many more, I would love someone searching Longfellow on the Home Page here to get the relevant chapters too, but we have not created an infrastructure for that, like the one used for the poetry collections, etc. It's worth asking early because the poet list just gets better and better through the collection, and this first one is the shortest of the upcoming volumes. I don't know if I'm discussing this accurately, but my question should be clear, I hope. If it takes me doing fields on a spread sheet for upload, I am very happy to do that.
edhumpal

Post by edhumpal »

Perfect now Malcolm. Thanks!