Chromebook issues and their alternatives

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
petalbounce

Post by petalbounce »

:help: I have a chrome book (which doesn't support either Audacity or Checker) and am having.....issues. SO FAR, the best audio editing software that I have come across is https://twistedwave.com/online . It does very well at changing the dB levels (Effects > Amplify... > adjust) and messing with the bit rate (Audio > Recording options > Record in mp3 (128 kbps)) but I can't find a way to actually see (in numbers) the dB level, either before OR after. The only way I can think to remedy this on my lonesome would be if I could find a website that I can access on chrome book that measures these levels, but I have been unable to locate one as of yet. I am extremely hesitant to even ATTEMPT to find a back door method to download Linux. I suppose that I could just send my recording to whoever is in charge of the story that I'm working on and ask that they check it for me, but that seems unnecessarily tedious, and so, if any one of you amazing people out there has a surefire way to accomplish such things on a chrome book, I would be much obliged if you could share your technological wisdom with me so that I (and others of my predicament) may become able to reach our recording potential. Thanks!! :thumbs: ^-^
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Well, whatever you did to fix your test recording sample worked very well, so remember those settings and use them. Then, as you said, the project's prooflistener will let you know if the volume needs any more adjustment. We don't have to be precise on the volume, as a +/- 3dB range is still acceptable. There is a volume levelling step while cataloguing each project, that helps with leveling the volume, if needed, of all files in the project; you just need to be within the desired range, and you'll be fine :D
So even if you don't find a way to measure the volume in numbers in your chrome book, don't worry! Just have fun!
petalbounce

Post by petalbounce »

Alright! Thank you! :mrgreen:
Thanks!

Petalbounce :3