Volume Questions

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
rachelellen

Post by rachelellen »

a.r.dobbs wrote:Mmmm. Duplicate the track and ease the gain up if needed. When volume changes suddenly, I silence out the louder part on the second track. I might fade it out to silence. :) I might make a 3rd track and equalize it and reduce the gain so the effect is subtle. The potential complications are nearly infinite! When you output to wav or mp3, the tracks are instantly merged.
Oh my goodness, this is brilliant. I wish I'd learned about this at the beginning of my current solo project instead of three chapters from the end. :) It would be so, so time-consuming to go back and do this to all 27 files and re-export and re-upload them, and I just can't manage it right now. Maybe I'll hold off on having my MC catalog it until I can do it, though. I've got a paper to write for my one college class... maybe when I'm done with that I'll have more idle time. And I'll certainly use this method for all future projects. Thanks for sharing it, Anita.
[size=75][url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=237]Thanks to librivox.org, I'll never have to deal with those pesky full nights of sleep again! Start YOUR addiction today! -- Satisfied Volunteer[/url][/size]
rent

Post by rent »

I feel really overwhelmed by the directions, not sure why. Tomorrow I'll post the first 5 chapters of Villette to have someone listen to to make sure I actually did it well. If anyone would be willing :)