[COMPL] The Boy Scouts in Russia by John Blaine - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

The Boy Scouts in Russia by John Blaine ( - 0).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-boy-scouts-in-russia-by-harold-l-goodwin/

To be added later ( Kangaroo692)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/16544
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: Vb1xTQRQ
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (John Blaine) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Leland_Goodwin
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 18
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known):
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure; Historical Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: fiction, World War I, Russia, Boy Scout

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Boy Scouts in Russia. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Boy Scouts in Russia, by John Blaine. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Boy Scouts in Russia by John Blaine. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Boy Scouts in Russia, by John Blaine. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename boyscoutsinrussia_##_blaine_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. boyscoutsinrussia_01_blaine_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: John Blaine
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Boy Scouts in Russia

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Kangaroo692 on June 13th, 2016, 9:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK Kangaroo, your MW is ready for you! Just for future reference, John Blaine is a pseudonym of Harold Leland Goodwin. If you do another project with John Blaine as the author, Harold Goodwin will pop up in the template. Just click it, then change your template when you paste it into your first post. You will have to change everything to reflect the pseudo instead of his real name. I have had to do the same thing with the Herbert Carter Boy Scout series. And I would recommend that you put in the summary that John Blaine is a pseudo of Harold Goodwin, just in case someone gets confused and decides to post an error report.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

icequeen wrote:OK Kangaroo, your MW is ready for you! Just for future reference, John Blaine is a pseudonym of Harold Leland Goodwin. If you do another project with John Blaine as the author, Harold Goodwin will pop up in the template. Just click it, then change your template when you paste it into your first post. You will have to change everything to reflect the pseudo instead of his real name. I have had to do the same thing with the Herbert Carter Boy Scout series. And I would recommend that you put in the summary that John Blaine is a pseudo of Harold Goodwin, just in case someone gets confused and decides to post an error report.
I've made the specified changes, but I am not absolutely sure it was written by Goodwin. This book was published by Saalfield, and so was The Boy Scout Aviators. I have read both of these, and I believe that they have a very similar style of writing. Also, this book (and most of the Boy Scout Books by Saalfield) were republished with different names under the authors George Durston, Edward Griggs, Robert Maitland and James Fiske. I am pretty sure that John Blaine was a pseudonym of Georgia Roberts Durtson, just like Col. George Durston. But sadly there is no evidence of that... :(
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

MW is filled.
TimoleonWash

Post by TimoleonWash »

May I DPL this project?
If you create and your creation is destroyed, create anyway. (paraphrasing Mother Teresa) . . Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Sorry, DianaS will be DPL'ing. You can listen when it's finished, though! :D
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Kangaroo692 wrote:
icequeen wrote:OK Kangaroo, your MW is ready for you! Just for future reference, John Blaine is a pseudonym of Harold Leland Goodwin. If you do another project with John Blaine as the author, Harold Goodwin will pop up in the template. Just click it, then change your template when you paste it into your first post. You will have to change everything to reflect the pseudo instead of his real name. I have had to do the same thing with the Herbert Carter Boy Scout series. And I would recommend that you put in the summary that John Blaine is a pseudo of Harold Goodwin, just in case someone gets confused and decides to post an error report.
I've made the specified changes, but I am not absolutely sure it was written by Goodwin. This book was published by Saalfield, and so was The Boy Scout Aviators. I have read both of these, and I believe that they have a very similar style of writing. Also, this book (and most of the Boy Scout Books by Saalfield) were republished with different names under the authors George Durston, Edward Griggs, Robert Maitland and James Fiske. I am pretty sure that John Blaine was a pseudonym of Georgia Roberts Durtson, just like Col. George Durston. But sadly there is no evidence of that... :(

There was a lot of that during that time. The Pony Rider Boys series was written by Frank Gee Patchin, then the Submarine Boys was written by Victor G. Durham, and I saw in one post somewhere on the internet that Frank may have been Victor. It makes life very confusing for us, but such were those wild and wooly days!

I would leave the author as John Blaine, since that is who is listed as author. I just wanted to give you a heads up for the next time, if you put together another project from this series. Sorry if I confused you, do you want me to change it back for you? Since I messed you up?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

icequeen wrote:
Kangaroo692 wrote:

There was a lot of that during that time. The Pony Rider Boys series was written by Frank Gee Patchin, then the Submarine Boys was written by Victor G. Durham, and I saw in one post somewhere on the internet that Frank may have been Victor. It makes life very confusing for us, but such were those wild and wooly days!

I would leave the author as John Blaine, since that is who is listed as author. I just wanted to give you a heads up for the next time, if you put together another project from this series. Sorry if I confused you, do you want me to change it back for you? Since I messed you up?
Oh, I'll do it. I don't mind. :wink:

P.S. - And I don't think I'm going to do another solo by John Blaine anytime soon, because there aren't many PD texts.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Wonderful! :D
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

OK Roo! I'm here and checked my access to BC Admin.
All is well :D
We are all set to go.
DianaS

Post by Kangaroo692 »

1 is uploaded.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

2 is up. :)
DianaS

Post by DianaS »

2 fixes are needed for Section 1:

1:17 clapping