COMP [RUSSIAN] Огненная Россия by Алексей Ремизов - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

"Огненная Россия" by Алексей Ремизов (1877 - 1957).

This project is now complete. All files can be found on the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/ognennaya-rossiya-by-aleksey-mikhailovich-remizov/

Four short pieces of the 1917-21 ("Lay of the Ruin of the Russian Land", "Pyrexia", "Of the Fiery Fate", and "Fiery Russia") by Aleksey Remizov, a Russian modernist writer whose creative imagination veered to the fantastic and bizarre.
Четыре произведения революционного периода, созданных одним из наиболее ярких стилистов в русской литературе.
(Summary by Wikipedia and Mark Chulsky)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://imwerden.de/cat/modules.php?name=books&pa=showbook&pid=1374
    Direct link to the PDF: http://imwerden.de/pdf/remizov_ognennaya_rossiya_1921.pdf
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Секция [number] книги Огненная Россия. Эта запись сделана для проекта ЛибриВокс. Все записи ЛибриВокс являются общественным достоянием. Для справок и помощи проекту пожалуйста посетите сетевую страницу librivox DOT org."
    • If you wish, say: "Читал[а] [имя, место, год]"
    • Say:
      "Огненная Россия Алексея Ремизова [Section as in MW]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Секция [number] книги Огненная Россия Алексея Ремизова. Эта запись проекта ЛибриВокс является общественным достоянием. "
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Конец [Section as in MW]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Конец Огненной России Алексея Ремизова "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename fieryrussia_##_remizov_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. fieryrussia_01_remizov_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Availle - availle
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by chulsky on July 16th, 2015, 8:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay Mark, I'll MC this for you - back in a moment with the MW...

MW is up.
I'm not happy about the text link as it directly opens a .pdf file. Once we're in the catalog, I'd like to change the link to this one here - is this the right one for this book?
http://imwerden.de/cat/modules.php?name=books&pa=showbook&pid=1374

In fact, it would be better to find an edition of the book where the copyright is stated in printing rather than as a modern addition to the page :wink: I trust you to have looked everywhere, but just in case you find something else.

Anyway, let's stay here for yet another day or two to maybe find a DPL.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Ava!
I changed the link to the book, that's fine. "Copyright 1921" is printed on p.4 of the pdf. I'll fill out the MW shortly.
Any clarifications? -- just ask!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You are right about the copyright. When I looked at this page last night, it seemed to me it was a modern addition to the pdf file. But now, in the light of day, I can see that it's indeed printed there. Bit odd that the copyright notice would be in English in a Russian book printed in Estonia, no? :lol:

Anyway, you're good to go. Hopefully we'll find a DPL soon.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Ava!
Can we move to the Solo forum? When we have a stable URL for the project, I could advertise the DPL vacancy (it's not easy to fill for Russian projects, I'll try to recruit one using direct appeals).
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You can advertise right now, although I prefer to do it when a section or two are in. The url will not change with the move because it's made of the topic number, which will stay the same throughout.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Hi Ava,
I started recording and realized I overestimated the size of the book, the pages are rather small, and the entire book must be under two hours. I reduced the number of sections to 5, would you please update the MW?
Thank you!

Off-topic: How do I make my voice heard to the CD-cover artists? I think they may need help selecting artwork for books in unfamiliar language ...
Thanks!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I have removed the superfluous sections.

As for the cover artists, it's best to go to the cover thread when the book is close to completion. Just a warning: Not everybody reads the thread before designing a cover (I for sure don't), so if you really want a particular image to be used, it's better to make your own cover. It's not difficult, really...
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

The first section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/fieryrussia_01_remizov_128kb.mp3 (18:55)
Availle wrote:Not everybody reads the thread before designing a cover (I for sure don't)
Yeah, I noticed ... that's odd ... if I were a cover designer I'd definitely ask the BC or solo reader's input ...
Thanks!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

karlkuzmich wrote:
Availle wrote:Not everybody reads the thread before designing a cover (I for sure don't)
Yeah, I noticed ... that's odd ... if I were a cover designer I'd definitely ask the BC or solo reader's input ...
No, certainly not, sorry. Most BCs/soloists don't care about the covers. If they do, they'll make them themselves sooner or later. And I'm not going to keep lists of who'd want me to ask for input and who is fine with whatever. Life's too short for that.

Besides, I'm only making covers for projects where, when reading the title, I already have an idea of an image to use. Which does not mean I'll find one though. :wink: If I'm completely clueless, I leave them to other cover makers.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/fieryrussia_02_remizov_128kb.mp3 sec.2, 40:32

Ava, I thought I'd do this one in two parts, but that would break the rhythm, there is that internal energy that can't be interrupted. Therefore there is an extra section again, please delete #5. Thank you!
marinal88

Post by marinal88 »

Hello Ava, I can help with PL of Remizov project.
Previously worked on Jabotinsky, Gul, Levinsky projects.

Thank you,
`Marina
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Great, thank you so much! :clap:

I have added you as DPL for this project - enjoy!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, Marina, fantastic! :9:
Ava, would you please pre-claim the CD cover for me?
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cover claimed for you.

Not every admin knows how to do this though, so it might be better to post your preclaim (with link to the thread) in the cover thread.

The first post in the cover thread has all the info you'll need for your cover - from image sizes to cd cover templates to filenaming schemes. If you have questions, please post in the cover thread. People are generally helpful there (as everywhere else on LV). I'm curious as to what you'll come up with!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com