Denny Sayers has died

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
English Andrew

Post by English Andrew »

I am proud to have been able to record 'Swann's Way' with him. His illness was apparent in how long that project took but there was no sign of it in the quality of his recording. As others have said, he will be missed.
Live in a Life + 70 or Life + 50 country? Record with us on legamus.eu too. It's like LibriVox but for those who obey different ridiculous rules on what's public domain.
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Sincere condolences to Denny's family. He was definitely one of the pillars of LV, and it will be very strange not to have him around anymore.
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Such sad news. My condolences to his family.

I know I've heard his voice in quite a few things I've listened to over the years, and I'm sure I'll hear it again in the future.
So little space, so much to say.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I'm so shocked to hear this, and very sad. I worked with Denny on many projects here, and he was an important member of our community. My personal favorites of roles he read for my projects include Dr. Seward in Dracula (a huge part of the book! - https://librivox.org/dracula-version-2-by-bram-stoker/), a brilliantly funny turn as Simeonov-Pischin in Chekhov's The Cherry Orchard (https://librivox.org/the-cherry-orchard-by-anton-chekhov/), and a wonderfully pedantic Holofernes in Shakespeare's Love's Labor's Lost (https://librivox.org/loves-labours-lost-by-william-shakespeare/). Rest in peace, Denny, and thanks for voicing so many great characters.
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

He will be so missed - what a lovely man! You are in our thoughts and prayers, Roberta!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Sending prayers to his family and loved ones. He did a great job here, and will be missed. :(
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

I agree with Lynne even though we are all over the world and have never met, it tears at your heart to hear of the loss of one of the members. My thoughts and prayers are with Roberta and her family and friends. He will live on through Librivox. A sad time. :(
Last edited by wib66 on May 7th, 2015, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

I just read this news now and I'm very sad to know Denny passed away. I DPL'ed for him a few times and I really enjoyed listening to him. My condolences also to his family and friends. RIP Mr. Sayers.

Betty
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I really wanted to do a duet with him. He was one of my favorite readers. :cry:
catrose

Post by catrose »

I am in tears to have only discovered this now!

God bless Denny, recording audiobooks up there with the Angels now.

I worked with him on so many plays that I have lost count. He was to be Friar Lawrence in my R+J and I could listen to him record forever. I've listened to probably every play he was in.

I just can't believe it. I'm devastated and gobsmacked.
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I have discovered this now... And I am also in tears. I will always remember his voice. It is so sad.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Dani251

Post by Dani251 »

I just wanted to leave my condolences to Roberta. I am only just discovering Denny's readings now, but he really brings the work alive and I am greatly inspired, as a new reader.

He certainly has made an incredible contribution and impression here - I wish you and your family well, though you must miss him so much, still.

D