Need Uploader help? (was: Report Uploader Errors)

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Okay. I have a file for a section in The Story of the Thirteen Colonies by H. A. Guerber. However, I have uploaded it twice, and both times it has abruptly cut off at 5:04.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/13colonies_03_guerber_128kb.mp3
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Looks OK to me :hmm: . It's 5:47 and includes the outro and 5 secs of silence. (Only one upload appears in Carolin's folder.)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

That's odd... it still has the cut off for me.

Well I guess all that matters right now is that the MC and DPL are able to access it.

EDIT: Working for me now

EDIT AGAIN: There are some problems in Around the World in Eighty Days
DomenicaC

Post by DomenicaC »

Tried to upload my 1-minute test this morning but the uploader just sat there and did nothing after I added the file and clicked upload. No error message was generated. Tried via Chrome, Firefox and Safari. File name is test_domenicac.mp3 if you want to look and see if it somehow magically arrived :) Many thank, many thanks indeed.

Platform/Operating System: Mac/OS X
Program used to record the audio: Audacity
Connection type/upload speed if available: wifi (via cable connection)
Browser/version: Chrome 42.0.2311.152 (64-bit), Firefox 37.0.2, and Safari 7.1.6
Number of files in upload: 1
File size of files with errors: 464KB
Error message - None generated
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

It worked! Here's the link: http://uploads.librivox.org/tests/test_domenicac.mp3
I'm not sure why you couldn't see the link, but it uploaded 5 times. :) Welcome to Librivox!
Adele

Post by DomenicaC »

Just uploaded to the Listeners & Editors Wanted thread.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

DomenicaC wrote:Tried to upload my 1-minute test this morning but the uploader just sat there and did nothing after I added the file and clicked upload. No error message was generated. Tried via Chrome, Firefox and Safari. File name is test_domenicac.mp3 if you want to look and see if it somehow magically arrived :) Many thank, many thanks indeed.

Platform/Operating System: Mac/OS X
Browser/version: Chrome 42.0.2311.152 (64-bit), Firefox 37.0.2, and Safari 7.1.6
Number of files in upload: 1
File size of files with errors: 464KB
Error message - None generated
Sometimes, depending on your screen resolution, you might have to scroll down to see the link. When you upload again, check to see if you are looking at the whole screen or if you have to scroll down to see the files.
mlee

Post by mlee »

ssorry for post - just read the instruction about "Do not use your forum login for the uploader: DA

So try:
[plain text user name and password deleted - we always put it in a graphic, see posts below - admin rg]

joined june 2015. need to send the 1 minute test - found and tried the uploader - got to the sign in blocks - used my user name and password and would not advance to the uploading.

I used the same login as used to get to forum.

I think i need the uploader to send my 1 minute test.

thanks mlee

Platform/Operating System: mwindows 7
Browser/version: firefox - latest
Number of files in upload:
File size of files with errors:
Error message
Last edited by mlee on June 15th, 2015, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

When you log in to the uploader you do not use the username and password you use for the forum, please use this username and password:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Use the login/password provided in the one-minute test instructions, not your personal forum ones. :)

Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
CMiller

Post by CMiller »

Hello,

I'm trying to upload my 1 Minute test to "Tests -- Tests" and I keep getting the error message "The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed."

Browsers tried: Firefox and Safari
File Format/Size: .mp3/807 KB size

I'm not sure if I exported it incorrectly or not, but that could be a possibility.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

CMiller wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to upload my 1 Minute test to "Tests -- Tests" and I keep getting the error message "The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed."

I'm not sure if I exported it incorrectly or not, but that could be a possibility.
Try deleting any metadata from the file. No tags at all.

And, did you download and install LAME separately? Audacity won't make MP3s without it. It's labelled optional here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac but it is really essential to make MP3s. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
CMiller

Post by CMiller »

TriciaG wrote:
CMiller wrote:Hello,

Try deleting any metadata from the file. No tags at all.

And, did you download and install LAME separately? Audacity won't make MP3s without it. It's labelled optional here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac but it is really essential to make MP3s. :)
If it's okay with the rules, I'm trying to use Adobe Audition with my recording. I exported the file again and left the "leave metadata" box unchecked this time, it went through just fine. :) Thank you!

(Though if there's anything in the rules of the group that says I NEED to use Audacity I would be more than happy to use that software instead)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Great
As long as it can make .mp3 files with the right specs and can edit files and maybe noise clean them if you need to, you can use anything. Audacity happens to be free and so most people here use it but quite a few use other software.

Anne
adonis

Post by adonis »

J clicked Add Files on Uploader and it took me to Downloads in Internet Explorer and Windows PC in Google Chrome. Mozilla didn't like the uploader site at all and claimed it was dangerous. As I have no way of getting from uploader to my Librivox folder I am presently unable to upload. Any advice?

Tony Addison