COMPLETE Entrapped by Alice Mangold Diehl - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Entrapped by Alice Mangold Diehl (1844 - 1912).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/entrapped-by-alice-mangold-diehl/
The story begins with a storm outside an old house and stormy scenes inside between the house’s occupants. It details the eventful life of Zoe Blount, including her involvement in a mystery and her place in a complicated family history. It also follows the course of her romantic attachment and sympathetically portrays her suffering as a result of sexual double standards. The characters’ experiences, particularly within marriage, depict changing ideas of gender roles and relationships in the beginning years of the twentieth century. ( Newgatenovelist)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/entrapped00diehgoog
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Entrapped. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Entrapped, by Alice Mangold Diehl. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Entrapped by Alice Mangold Diehl. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Entrapped, by Alice Mangold Diehl. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename entrapped_##_diehl_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. entrapped_01_diehl_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Alice Mangold Diehl
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Entrapped

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll set this up for you.

As soon as I get you into the system, you can log into the workflow (magic window). Here's the information:

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked below:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs

Videos showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

I will enter a couple chapters for you as an example. You can fill in the rest.

When you submit a chapter, put the file duration in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Well, I was looking at this for a while now... I can help you with the pling. Yet I have a busy simester at university, so things may be a bit slow. If you want a quicker dpl, great. But if you want me to help, also great, I am here. No affence what so ever, so do what ever you want.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Newgatenovelist

TriciaG wrote:I'll set this up for you.

As soon as I get you into the system, you can log into the workflow (magic window). Here's the information:

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked below:
Instructions for BCs and DPLs

Videos showing how to use the Magic Window (read the above document first - it has the information on how to log in for the first time, which this does not have):
Magic Windows / Section Compiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOP4tcr1kl8

I will enter a couple chapters for you as an example. You can fill in the rest.

When you submit a chapter, put the file duration in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL. :)

Thank you so much. I've played with it a bit, and the video and notes were both very useful.

I have one question, and I'm sorry it's such a novice one - I see that the subject line has been edited, but what does the tilde signify? Does this mean that it's been claimed by an MC? Is this something I ought to do myself, for future reference?
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

The tilde signifies that this project does not yet have a DPL. The - means that you have an MC, with the MC's initials behing it. (in this case -tg for TriciaG)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What he said.

You can add the tilde if you like, or your MC can do it. Either way. When you get a DPL, one of us will remove it. 8-)

You can start recording and uploading. When a couple/few chapters are ready, we (you or I) will advertise for a DPL over in Listeners & Editors Wanted - if we haven't gotten one by that time anyway. :)
Newgatenovelist

miss stav wrote:Well, I was looking at this for a while now... I can help you with the pling. Yet I have a busy simester at university, so things may be a bit slow. If you want a quicker dpl, great. But if you want me to help, also great, I am here. No affence what so ever, so do what ever you want.
That would be marvellous!

As for being speedy, please don't worry about it. This is my first solo project, and I fully expect it to be a (rather slow) learning process. If you're happy to go along at a beginner's pace, I'd love to have you as a PL.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll put Stav in as DPL. :)
Newgatenovelist

Thanks for clarifying. I'm looking forward to this!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving this to Going Solo...
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 1 is ready for PL. Sorry to have taken so long!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Please add the duration of chapter 1 to the notes field in the magic window. If you find it herd, please post it here and I will add it for you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Newgatenovelist

I knew I forgot something. Thanks for the reminder!
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 2 is reading for prooflistening:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/entrapped_02_mangolddiehl_128kb.mp3

Absolutely no rush. I'm editing quite slowly, so if you want to wait so the tension of the story builds, that's fine!
-Erin
Newgatenovelist

It's still progressing slowly. I'll be away from my desk for a few days, but I hope to be back in the editing saddle after that.