LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently November 17th, 2017, 12:27 pm

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post Posted:: February 18th, 2015, 12:13 am 

Hindustani Lyrics by Various ( - 0). Translated by Inayat Khan (1882 - 1927) and Jessie Duncan Westbrook

Quote:
Hindustani Lyrics is Inayat Khan and Jessie Duncan Westbrook's collaborative translation of Urdu poetry from mainly the 18th and 19th centuries. Included among the authors is Asif, the sixth Nizam of Hyderabad, and Zafar, the last emperor of the Mughal Empire. Most of the poems involve the Sufi themes of love, longing, and a yearning for the divine. At the same time, according to translator Jessie Duncan Westbrook, the poems undercut and resist ideas of religious orthodoxy through an ecstatic pantheism. ( Zeeshan Reshamwala)

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17711
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

============================================

Genres for the project: Poetry/Anthologies; Poetry/Lyric

Keywords that describe the book: poetry, urdu, ghalib, lyric, hindi, hindustani, zafar

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Hindustani Lyrics. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Hindustani Lyrics, by Various. Translated by Inayat Khan and Jessie Duncan Westbrook [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Hindustani Lyrics by Various. Translated by Inayat Khan and Jessie Duncan Westbrook. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Hindustani Lyrics, by Various. Translated by Inayat Khan and Jessie Duncan Westbrook"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename hindustanilyrics_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. hindustanilyrics_01_various_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Various
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Hindustani Lyrics

[b]Transfer of files (completed recordings)

Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Hello!
When I added the name of the second Translator (Jessie Duncan Westbrook) and the names of each of the several authors in the compilation, the Template would give me an error. I finally submitted it without the names and it worked.

Sincerely,
Zeeshan

Post Posted:: February 21st, 2015, 7:02 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I will MC this for you, Zeeshan. I will move you to Going Solo tomorrow to give you one more day in here to attract a prooflistener.
Thanks,
Amy

Post Posted:: February 21st, 2015, 8:14 am 

Thank you Amy!

Post Posted:: February 22nd, 2015, 5:42 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

I am going to move you to Going Solo. If a proof listener is not found, please advertise for one in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum.
Have a good night!
Amy

Post Posted:: April 16th, 2015, 1:03 am 

Hello! :)

Writing to check in and say I'm still working on this. Should have a few tracks up soon, and will advertise for a PL.

Post Posted:: April 16th, 2015, 4:26 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thank you for checking in. Have a good day.
Amy

Post Posted:: September 14th, 2015, 4:49 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Please let me know your plans for this project, Zeeshan. Maybe you could do a lot of recording this week.
-Amy

Post Posted:: September 19th, 2015, 1:15 am 

Hello!

Here is the link to Chapter 0, the Foreword

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/hindustanilyrics_00_various_128kb.mp3 [19:18]

Thank you,

Zeeshan

Post Posted:: September 19th, 2015, 1:47 am 

Hello!

Here is the link to Chapter 01

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/hindustanilyrics_01_various_128kb.mp3 (01:24)

Thank you!

Zeeshan

Post Posted:: September 19th, 2015, 2:07 am 

And...

for Chapter 02

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/hindustanilyrics_02_various_128kb.mp3 (01:10)

Thank you!

Zeeshan

Post Posted:: September 19th, 2015, 5:59 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hello Zeeshan!

May I be your proof listener for this?

-Amy :)

Post Posted:: September 19th, 2015, 4:57 pm 

Hi Amy!

Yes, yes of course, thank you! :)

Zeeshan

Post Posted:: September 19th, 2015, 5:55 pm 

Hi Amy!

I've put the names of the individuals poets into the section titles so that readers would be able to figure out which poets are included. Also, I realized that in the recordings for the first three sections I've been saying "Chapter One," "Chapter Two" etc. in the introductory part. I've been wondering if I should say "Section One" instead, because of how short the poems are. Please let me know if this is okay, and I can go ahead and make the changes.

Merci beaucoup,

Zeeshan

Post Posted:: September 20th, 2015, 4:23 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Zeeshan!
I agree that Section instead of Chapter would be better, or you could say Poem. I am glad you put the names of the poets in the section titles. That will be great for the listeners.
I look forward to listening to them all.
Thanks,
Amy :)

Post Posted:: September 20th, 2015, 4:54 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Zeeshan,
I proof listened the introduction. Please update this file so that it says introduction instead of chapter zero at the beginning and end.
It is fine otherwise.
Thanks!
Amy :)