COMPLETE: Philemon (World English Bible) by Paul - NF/ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

This project is now complete and can be downloaded on our catalogue page: http://librivox.org/book-of-philemon-web/

Hello, I am new to Librivox as a volunteer, but I've been a listener for almost a year now. This is my first recording, and I hope I don't seem arrogant for wanting to do a solo work first. But to compensate, I chose a very short piece, Philemon, less than 3 minutes long. I don't know whether I should post this in a different forum, because I already did the recording a month ago. Here is the basic information:
  • Example of your file names: book_of_philemon_web_mp3
  • Example of your ID3 tags:
    Name: Philemon Chapter #
    Artist: Unknown
    Album: Book of Philemon WEB
  • Short description (can be a paragraph copied from Wikipedia. If you write this yourself, please be aware that your summary will be in the PD. Please state who wrote the description):
    While in prison, Paul writes this letter to another Christian, Philemon. Paul has met with and converted a man named Onesimus, probably a runaway slave, and he writes to Philemon, Onesimus's legal owner, to tell him that he is sending him back. Appealing to Philemon's personal debt to him, Paul urges him to welcome Onesimus as though he were Paul himself, and to accept him as a fellow brother in Christ.
    (Summary by Leon Mire)

(BC admin link)

[list=1]
[*]Full title: Paul's Letter to Philemon
[*]Full name of author(s): Paul of Tarsus
[*]Full name of translator (if applicable, and if available): World English Bible Version
[*]Link to PD text source: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/8284
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_of_Tarsus
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_to_Philemon
[*]Target completion date (an estimate which can be changed): Already completed
[*]Short description (can be a paragraph copied from Wikipedia. If you write this yourself, please be aware that your summary will be in the PD. Please state who wrote the description):
While in prison, Paul writes this letter to another Christian, Philemon. Paul has met with and converted a man named Onesimus, probably a runaway slave, and he writes to Philemon, Onesimus's legal owner, to tell him that he is sending him back. Appealing to Philemon's personal debt to him, Paul urges him to welcome Onesimus as though he were Paul himself, and to accept him as a fellow brother in Christ.
(Summary by Leon Mire)
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 1
[*]Does the project have an introduction [y/n]: n
[*]Original publication date (if known): c. 64 C.E.
[*]Do you have server space to store your files?: n
[*]If you're a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: Leon Mire ; no.
[*]Example of your file names: book_of_philemon_web_128kb
[*]Example of your ID3 tags:
Name: Philemon Chapter #
Artist: Unknown
Album: Book of Philemon WEB[/list]

I'm basing the ID3 tags below off of other books of the Bible that have already been recorded, but if I fill this out wrong, please let me know, because I may decide to record other short books from the Bible before I move on to longer non-Biblical works. I'm guessing that the artist is listed as "Unknown" to avoid controversy over the authorship of Biblical books, but I wasn't sure whether or not I should give the full name of the author as its traditional author or leave it as "unknown." I chose to list it as the traditional author because it can more easily be changed to unknown than vice versa and because, in any case, there is little dispute that Paul actually wrote this letter. I hope I've done everything by the book, and I'm glad to be a new volunteer!
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Leon!
It looks like we somehow missed your post, sorry for that.

I'll be happy to MC this for you.
I probably won't be able to catalogue the project before Tuesday.

I guess you added the disclaimer at the beginning and end of the file. Could you upload it either to some webspace you have or via mediafire or yousendit or other? I could send you the info to upload it on Anita's server, if you'd rather use that.

The ID3-tags look good to me.
I'll put Unknown as the author, and for the original publication date, the one of the WEB.

Would you like someone to listen to the file to check for long pauses, repeats,...

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Thank you for MCing my first project! Here is the link to my file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6tljmxwdynw

Yes, I have already added the disclaimer to the beginning and end of the file.

I already proof-listened the file, since it was so short, and there aren't any errors of that sort. But I wouldn't mind putting it up for someone else to listen to first, if it's standard operating procedure to do so.

Later,
Leon
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Leon, I've got the file and I've started the cataloguing process but it looks like it's going to take longer than I thought.
I'll let you know when it's done.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Leon,
this project is now complete and can be found on our catalogue page: http://librivox.org/book-of-philemon-web/

Well done!
Ezwa

Boileau