[COMPLETE] A Dog's Book of Verse by J. Earl Clauson - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

A Dog's Book of Verse by J. Earl Clauson (1873 - 1937).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/a-dogs-book-of-verse-by-j-earl-clauson/
It is not surprising that dogs, beloved by so many, have received many poetic tributes throughout history. Here the author has gathered together short verses celebrating dogs, divided into four sections -- Puppyhood, The Human Relationship, The Dog in Action and The Dog's Hereafter. From the well-known poets to the less-known, each verse honors our canine friends. ( Larry Wilson)
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19226
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: Poetry/Anthologies

Keywords that describe the book: poetry animals children dogs pets

============================================
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    • At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
    "[Poem title], by [Author's Name at end of poem] read for LibriVox.org by [your name]" or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
    • Then read the poem.
    • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
    * For sections with more than one poem, read the abbreviated intro and closing for each poem.
  8. At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of A Dog's Book of Verse, by J. Earl Clauson. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!

[*]AFTER recording
Need noise-cleaning?
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
dogsbookofverse_##_clauson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. dogsbookofverse_01_clauson_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: aradlaw
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by silverquill on April 30th, 2015, 8:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

With my first volume as BC over 90% claimed and over 50% completed, I think I can launch another one.

These are short poems, a few of them combined in a section, that I think will be a lot of fun and provide some easy reading for newcomers as well.
~ Larry
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I'll set this up for you later this evening Larry.

... all set, hopefully a DPL will be along soon.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks so much, David!

I've changed the intro/outro section to the abbreviated version often used with poetry collections. Could you take a look and see if this is okay?

I'll get the MW filled in this evening.
~ Larry
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

It looks okay, but to my mind there should be a mention of the book's title somewhere - perhaps a full intro for the preface and then the abbreviated version. ??
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yes, that sounds good.
I'm doing the intro, so I'll be sure to add it there.

Now -- a good DPL and we're good to go!
~ Larry
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
I see you are still in need of a DPL. I'd like to volunteer. :D

Cheers,
Betty
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, wonderful, Betty!

These are all short pieces, so I think they will be easy. But, my hope also is that we may attract a few new readers, so we'll have to pay close attention to them.

Dave will put you in as DPL. Then I think we can move over to the Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) forum.

I'll PL any sections you want to read, of course.

~ Larry
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Great, and over we go Short Works.
David Lawrence

GrayHouse

Post by GrayHouse »

Hi Larry,

I'm sure these will be popular - may I claim sections 64 and 65, please.
Thanks,

-Ian
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

GrayHouse wrote:Hi Larry,

I'm sure these will be popular - may I claim sections 64 and 65, please.
Thanks,

-Ian
I hope you are right, Ian!

You have the first two. Enjoy.
~ Larry
Dixie103

Post by Dixie103 »

I'll volunteer for 7 & 13.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

As I looked again at the intro section, I realized that it didn't make sense because the author really is
the editor, or "collector," so the individual poems have to be credited differently. So this is what I have:

• At the beginning of the recording, read the abbreviated "LibriVox disclaimer":
"[Poem title], by [Author's Name at end of poem] read for LibriVox.org by [your name]"

Then there is a transitional paragraph at the beginning of each of the four divisions, so I have assigned those to myself and I will include the editor's name and book title at the beginning of each of these. I think that will cover all the bases.

I've also eliminated the section about ID tags since they are not necessary to this volume, if I understand correctly.

So, let me know, David, if this format looks okay now.

Thanks.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Dixie103 wrote:I'll volunteer for 7 & 13.
I see that hand! Thanks so much.
~ Larry
damla2001tr

Post by damla2001tr »

I'm new to Librivox :)
I'd like my name to appear as 'Damla Ozdemir' on the LibriVox Catalogue
I'd like to volunteer for no.6 and no.29!