Things I will never understand.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

haimerej wrote:I will never understand geek culture's obsession with Benedict Cumberbatch.
I'm a proud member of geek culture, and I don't get this either. That so many ladies consider him handsome is beyond me.

Also, I will never understand why people prefer to rant on something without actually doing any research on it.
Breeze

Post by Breeze »

I will never understand the fashion of wearing worn out clothes that are actually brand new.
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

Breeze wrote:I will never understand the fashion of wearing worn out clothes that are actually brand new.
Yes! Do they really do that in Australia, too? I will never understand why "normal" clothes are missing sleeves, holes out of the back,etc.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
J_N

Post by J_N »

I will never understand how/why people choose to live completely without meat... or even completely without animal products... Milk, eggs, honey, salami, the occasional chicken... nope, don't want to miss those :)
Julia - Introverts, unite! Seperately... in your own homes.

Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. ― Susan Cain

Author death +70 yrs? Legamus!
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

I will never understand why people call themselves geeks and/or nerds. They just sound so...unsophisticated. But they technically mean smart. So, if you're really smart, why don't you call yourself something that sounds more smart? Like, for example, instead of saying, "I'm a Lord of the Rings geek/nerd" you could say, "I'm a Lord of the Rings enthusiast."
~Vanessa Cooley (Tauriel)
_________
"She walks in starlight in another world..."
~Kili, The Desolation of Smaug
QuarterPast

Post by QuarterPast »

J_N wrote:I will never understand how/why people choose to live completely without meat... or even completely without animal products... Milk, eggs, honey, salami, the occasional chicken... nope, don't want to miss those :)
It's easier than you'd think. I've been a vegetarian for about twenty years now and honestly it's got to the point where meat doesn't ever register as food in my mind. It's just a life choice... the same question could be asked of a lot of things... you're tee-total? But drinking is awesome! You don't smoke? But what about all these fine cigars you're missing out on...

There's undoubtedly things you choose to steer clear of out of preference, it just so happens there's a word for the things I avoid.

However, while we're on the subject of things that'll never be understood....

Women!

I will never understand you people (...said ever bloke, ever!)
"Perhaps you have learned it without book: but, I pray, can you read any thing you see?" - Romeo & Juliet, Act I, Scene ii
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

Well, I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes when I'm at a grocery store and my mom is looking at meat, I think, "how will I ever be able to buy that when I live on my own? It looks so...slimy and gross..." I guess I'll just have to eat lots of tuna and pre-cooked chickens. :wink:

Personally, I feel that women are less confusing than men, but I suppose I am bit prejudiced, since I am a woman.

I will never understand how my brother beats me to the computer every morning without fail! :wink:

By the way, QuarterPast, I like your signature. I had that line in the production of Romeo and Juliet my community theater just did. :D
_________
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

I was at a presentation where the emcee was working the room having people introduce themselves. There was an elderly couple in the front row and when he asked how long they'd been married the answer was 51 years (applause from the masses). This followed:

Emcee: What's the secret of the success of your marriage?
Husband: Trust and understanding.
Emcee: That's just beautiful.
Husband: Yeah, she doesn't trust me and I don't understand her.

And yes, that brought the house down.
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
QuarterPast

Post by QuarterPast »

Tauriel wrote:By the way, QuarterPast, I like your signature. I had that line in the production of Romeo and Juliet my community theater just did. :D
Thanks Tauriel, it seemed contextually appropriate.

:)
"Perhaps you have learned it without book: but, I pray, can you read any thing you see?" - Romeo & Juliet, Act I, Scene ii
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Tauriel wrote:Well, I'm not a vegetarian, but sometimes when I'm at a grocery store and my mom is looking at meat, I think, "how will I ever be able to buy that when I live on my own? It looks so...slimy and gross..." I guess I'll just have to eat lots of tuna and pre-cooked chickens. :wink:
I too think that meat is slimy and gross, yet I still want to eat it. :D
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

I'll never understand how so many people can hit cars with their cars on a straight piece of road. (Unless they're texting "I'll be there soon" which is now, of course, incorrect.)
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
carolb

Post by carolb »

kukailimoku wrote:I'll never understand how so many people can hit cars with their cars on a straight piece of road. (Unless they're texting "I'll be there soon" which is now, of course, incorrect.)
This is a stark warning to those who would consider doing that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlxjng8h3Tc
Please watch, and pass it on.

Carol
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

Once I saw a semi-truck driver texting…it made me really scared… :shock:
_________
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Ah, it's fine... Those big rigs have cruise control! :D
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Kangaroo692

Post by Kangaroo692 »

Why our beloved green admins turned purple again 6 hours (in EDT) before St Patrick's Day officially ended. :(