COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Here's your snoring smiley: Image
The post office tends to be extra slow when it's delivering things you need to record. :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
msfry

Post by msfry »

Rachel,

Chapter 16 Google Docs only shows Huck and Jim as characters, whereas there are some gunman and other boatsmen who have lines, and nobody is marked up. What should I do now? Mark it up myself? Wait for you? Please let me know.
msfry

Post by msfry »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

It looks like I copied the text into the document, and then I didn't highlight it. Thanks for noticing! I'll get on it right away :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Text for chapter 16 is highlighted.
Thank you for Huck chapter 14! :)
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Huck chapter 14 is PL OK!
These chapters where Huck is explaining things to Jim are one of my favourite parts :D I love the part about the French.
"Talking Huck" must be easy to catch - I was doing it to my brother after I'd been highlighting text :wink:
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck 15 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_15.mp3

Maybe more tonight, maybe not. I have to check in with my real life a minute. :mrgreen:
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Huck chapter 15 is PL OK!
You're over 1/3 of the way done and doing a great job! :D
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Really! I was thinking XLII was 52. It's 42. I am over 1/3 of the way there! :shock:

But . . . I may never get past 17. There are two scenes in there that every time I get anywhere near them I crack up and can't go on. What, pray tell, is a fan-tod?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

msfry wrote:What, pray tell, is a fan-tod?
It is a thing designed to make sure you do not get past chapter 17 :shock:
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Fantod: a state or attack of uneasiness or unreasonableness: "the mumbo-jumbo gave me the fantods".
For some reason, the word itself gives me the fantods. :lol:

Huck 16 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_16.mp3
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

The word gives me the giggles :) So does everything else in this book.
Just one thing I noticed for Huck 16: at 13:32 you said rattlesnake, but the text reads snake-skin. He did see both of them, so I don't think it really matters if you don't want to fix it :)

Thank you!
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Huck 16 re-uploaded with "snakeskins". Thanks for catching that, I want to say what Twain said.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_16.mp3

Huck 17 uploaded, finally. I left in 4 funny places, but all the straight material is also in there. After sharing the laughs with you, I'll remove them. I know where they are. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_17.mp3

Presuming Huck's files will be used as the "base" files on which the other parts will be set into, I've begun adding the Track Titles to my files (beginning with 17). As they are all different, you'd have to put them in yourself anyway. This will save you a step and I like to have them in my own window as I look over my files.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Thank you.
When I'm editing (I don't know how you do it), I edit all the other parts into the narrator file but I save it as a complete file. The file name for edited files should be: huckleberryfinn_##_twain_128kb.mp3 .
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

SweetPea wrote:I edit all the other parts into the narrator file but I save it as a complete file. The file name for edited files should be: huckleberryfinn_##_twain_128kb.mp3 .
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. We take the huck file, since he's the narrator, rename it, and use it as what I think of as a "scaffolding" to hang all the other parts onto. Kinda like decorating a Christmas tree, meebe?