COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Mary, I've given you Aunt Polly. She appears in the second-to-last chapter and reveals all the mischief Huck and Tom have been up to. If you want a different part, just let me know :D
Thanks!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
HoosierMary

Post by HoosierMary »

SweetPea wrote:Mary, I've given you Aunt Polly. She appears in the second-to-last chapter and reveals all the mischief Huck and Tom have been up to. If you want a different part, just let me know :D
Thanks!
:thumbs: I'll have a look at that this weekend. :)
Mary

I'll be away from LV until mid January.
Dramatic reading: Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment
In italiano: Rime
DomBombadil

Post by DomBombadil »

Hey!
Could I read Bob Grangerford, please? (Sections 104/105)

Dom
"Dom Bom, jolly Dom, DomBombadillo!"
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, thanks! :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

MW is all filled in! :D
Rachel

MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

May I please read Mary Jane Wilkes?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, thank you! :)
Rachel

Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Hi Huck,

Can a foreigner from England take on the role of the Duke of Bridgewater?

"By Rights a am a Duke"...at least in my fantasies... 8-)
Teddy

"Under all discouragements, he pursues his object, and yields to nothing but impossibilities." - Rights of Man, by Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Teddy wrote:Hi Huck,

Can a foreigner from England take on the role of the Duke of Bridgewater?

"By Rights a am a Duke"...at least in my fantasies... 8-)
Don't axe me. SweetPea is our BC and granter of titles, er, parts. Say, are you really a Duke in your fantasies? :D
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sure, thanks for claiming! :)
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Rachel

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Epic! How could I not be a part of this?
I think Dr. Robinson would be about the right size for me, if I could.
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

SweetPea wrote:Here's Joanna! Michele, if you could PL them that would be nice, but they'll be PL'ed in the final files so you don't need to :) Thanks!
I did them, just to get the hang of how to, and they are all PL OK. On the poem, realm rhymes with helm, but I suppose a child might pronounce it to rhyme with deal.
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

silverquill wrote:Epic! How could I not be a part of this?
I think Dr. Robinson would be about the right size for me, if I could.
Sure, thanks for claiming! :)
msfry wrote:
SweetPea wrote:Here's Joanna! Michele, if you could PL them that would be nice, but they'll be PL'ed in the final files so you don't need to :) Thanks!
I did them, just to get the hang of how to, and they are all PL OK. On the poem, realm rhymes with helm, but I suppose a child might pronounce it to rhyme with deal.
Thanks so much! :)
Rachel

msfry

Post by msfry »

Rachel:
I've uploaded Chapter 1, Huck's part including Intro and Outro.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_huck_01.mp3

A few considerations:

The actual title of the book is Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer's Comrade. Thus, I presume we should at least drop "the" from the title as it isn't anywhere in the text.
Just for Chapter 1, I added to the Intro what you see in red below, taken from the Title page on the Gutenberg facsimile page: For future chapters, I omitted the red. And we could omit Tom Sawyer's Comrade from future chapters, too but I'm thinking it should at least go on the title page and first chapter. No need to change the Google docs as all the Intros are mine.

Chapter 1 of Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer's Comrade, by Mark Twain, published in 1885. Scene: The Mississippi Valley; Time: 40 to 50 years ago. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox DOT org. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, by Mark Twain CHAPTER I. Civilizing Huck.—Miss Watson.—Tom Sawyer Waits.

I would appreciate if you'd PL OK (or not OK) this file before I upload any more. Thanks!