[SOLO][POLISH] Odyseja - annise

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Odyseja by Homer (c. 8th cen - c. 8th cen). Translated by Lucjan Siemieński (1807 - 1877)

will follow shortly
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://wolnelektury.pl/katalog/lektura/homer-odyseja/
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    • Project Code: Kewt9umI
    • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Homer) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer
    • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyseja
    • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 24
    • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    • Original publication date (if known):
    • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? nib Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: Classics (Antiquity)

Keywords that describe the book: adventure, homer, journey, classic, Ancient Greece

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Odyseja. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Odyseja, by Homer. Translated by Lucjan Siemieński (1807 - 1877) [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Odyseja by Homer. Translated by Lucjan Siemieński (1807 - 1877) This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Odyseja, by Homer. Translated by Lucjan Siemieński (1807 - 1877)"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename odyseja_##_homer_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. odyseja_01_homer_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Homer
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Odyseja

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Non Polish Speaking MC signing on :D

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

annise wrote:Non Polish Speaking MC signing on :D

Anne
Thank you Anne :-) One day you will wake up in the morning and find that you speak perfect Polish, acquired here by osmosis :-)

-nina-
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Really ? How many do I need to MC for that to happen do you think ?

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Hmmm... hard question :hmm: . It will be somewhat archaic Polish though.
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

PL reporting for duty.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Powitanie :D

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Thank you Anne, Piotrek. I was getting ready to start recording, however I am caught with flood forecasting duty (part of what I do at work) and guess what - it's raining and flooding in Alice. There will be another sleepless night :-( . My job is to monitor river gauges we have in the catchment and report to emergency services.
Soon...
-nina-
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

we'll excuse you - thats Australia for you "Fires and flooding rains.."

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

annise wrote:we'll excuse you - thats Australia for you "Fires and flooding rains.."
Thank you Anne :D - when it comes to flooding Alice Springs' situation is unique as we have flash floods - the upper Todd catchment is small and can fill quickly - from that to flash flood in town can be as little as 20 minutes. For the rest of the country (as far as I am aware) flood monitoring is being done by Bureau of Meteorology - they issue the warnings etc. But they would not be able to act quickly enough for us.
Fires will come next - the soil is saturated and the grasses will grow in abundance - perfect fire fodder.
The rain is easing up now so all good.

-nina-
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

At last - section 01 ready for PL. Very different experience reading verse.
-nina-
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I understand it is supposed to be standard PL? In that case PL OK :thumbs:

Also, I lol'ed at this bit:
„Że też to na karb niebian człowiek wszystko kładzie,

Co dozna złego; chociaż sam swoją głupotą,

Idąc wbrew Przeznaczeniu, ugrzęza w to błoto!
:mrgreen:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek, yes, I thought standard PL - the language is somewhat formal but not that archaic.
Yeah, the quote, there's only that much even Gods can do against human stupidity :mrgreen: ...
-nina-
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We have had a server problem viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62490
Any files and posts made in that time were lost. The MW shows the only files I have for this project - if any are missing you will need to reupload and post the links , If everything is fine could you just post so I can cross you off my list

Anne
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

All is well here, I should be getting back to that project, it's been forever. I moved the country in the meantime, but it is a feeble excuse :-(
Nina