[COMPLETE] Celebrated Travels and Travellers, vol 3 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
denisedee

Post by denisedee »

Section //7 First Part, chapter I: The Dawn of a Century of Discovery, 7: PL-OK!

Thanks
Denise
denisedee

Post by denisedee »

6 First Part, chapter I: The Dawn of a Century of Discovery, 6, also: PL-OK!

Thanks
Denise
kajo

Post by kajo »

Great, thank you very much, Denise! :D
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 10 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Celebratedtravels3_10_verne_128kb.mp3 25:00

Hope I got all those foreign names right, or at least consistent throughout my file! Plus, I recorded this while on vacation in my motor home. Someone had told me it would make a good recording studio. It certainly added "dimension" to my voice! I'd appreciate your opinion, Denise.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I wouldn't mind claiming 12-16 if you are satisfied with 10. I'm working on 11 right now and this stuff is very interesting to learn about, as well as a nice challenge to read!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I have't forgotten about this project. I know I still have 3 sections to complete and I'll record them if you don't mind waiting a bit more. Recently, I haven't Librivoxed much.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
kajo

Post by kajo »

Thank you very much, Michele. Section 10 is added to the MW and is ready for PL. Looking forward to 12 - 16 as well. :)
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
kajo

Post by kajo »

Piotrek81 wrote:I have't forgotten about this project. I know I still have 3 sections to complete and I'll record them if you don't mind waiting a bit more. Recently, I haven't Librivoxed much.
Don't worry, Piotrek. That's totally fine with me.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 11 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Celebratedtravels3_11_verne_128kb.mp3 21:14

Thank you for 12-16. I look forward to reading them.
kajo

Post by kajo »

:D Thank you for section 11, Michele. It's added to the MW and is ready for PL. Enjoy reading.

One tiny note about the file name: all should be in lower-case including the first character of the file name, i.e. celebratedtravels3_11_verne_128kb.mp3 instead of Celebratedtravels3_11_verne_128kb.mp3
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

HI Kajo, it's been a while... :oops:

I have recorded all but one of my sections, so I hope to finish this comparatively quickly. I am kinda sorta about to move though, and I don't know how quickly everything can be done, so could I please ask for a little bit more of your patience?

Thanks!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
kajo

Post by kajo »

Availle wrote:HI Kajo, it's been a while... :oops:
I have recorded all but one of my sections, so I hope to finish this comparatively quickly. I am kinda sorta about to move though, and I don't know how quickly everything can be done, so could I please ask for a little bit more of your patience?
Thanks!
Hi Ava, no need for :oops: , at all. For me it feels as if it was last week that you submitted your last section. :wink: :mrgreen: Everything is fine. :D :thumbs:
PS: I really like 'kinda sorta' sentences.

Best wishes. Kajo
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 12 is uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/celebratedtravels3_12_verne_128kb.mp3 23:21

Whew! That was about the longest 23 minute file I've ever done. So many foreign names, dropped into almost every sentence. I am not satisfied with this file but I've scrubbed it about all I care to for now. Maybe in a week or two I could try some more if you think I should.
msfry

Post by msfry »

denisedee

Post by denisedee »

Section 10 //First Part, chapter II, part II: The Exploration and Colonization of Africa, 3: PL-OK
Denise