[COMPLETE]Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess (1874 - 1965).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mrs-peter-rabbit-version-2-by-thornton-w-burgess/

This charming story chronicles the life of Peter rabbit and the many other woodland creatures that live in and around the brier batch. Peter finds himself not wanting to eat and finding everyday activities of life a bore. As a result of this, he sets off exploring new parts of the forest only to run into his future bride. ( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/5791
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: rLavZH4b

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Burgess Thornton ) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thornton_Burgess

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 32
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1919
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Taiye A Alowonle Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: motivatedfreelancer.com

============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction; Children's Fiction/Animals & Nature

Keywords that describe the book: Peter Rabbit, briarpatch, mrs. peter rabbit

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename mrspeterrabbit_##_thornton_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mrspeterrabbit_01_thornton_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Burgess Thornton
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Mrs. Peter Rabbit by Thornton W. Burgess

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I'll MC for you! Back in a minute wiith your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready for you, but you have a little homework to do first before you do anything else!

Since you are a new soloist, you will need to get into the Magic Window workflow system for the first time. Here is the link that will tell you how to do that. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ/edit

Please do this right away, because as soloist, you are the book coordinator of your own project. Which means that you are the one who gets to fill in the section titles, and when you upload your files, you get to paste the link into the MW. Let me know if you have any problems.

We will wait here a day or two to see if we can attract a DPL for your project. Since this is Peter Rabbit, and it involves cute little bunnies, someone will come along very soon!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

I'll be happy to DPL if you like.
Maxine :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

That would be wonderful, Max! Thank you! Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

You are quite welcome. Peter Rabbit stories are easy listening.
Please don't forget to remove the ~ from the topic title.
Max :)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Got it! Thanks!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

Hello Ann and Max. It is super nice to meet the two of you. I am excited about doing this project, and I hope that I can get it done quickly and get it done well. Any suggestions or advice along the way will be more than appreciated. I just have a couple of questions. Maybe, you can help me with them. I told my wife about the project, and she just loves these books. She is interested in, or to be honest already has, starting to record some parts of this book with me. What steps do I need to take in order to adjust the project to include her? Or, is there need for me to make any adjustments?

Thanks again for your help

Taiye
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

The first thing she needs to do is to register here at LibriVox. Once she does that, then I can get her added to the readers list, then you two can figure out which sections you are each reading. Then I will take off the sections that she is reading. We can make this into a duet without any problem, but she needs to register.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

cool beans

Taiye
tiwo007

Post by tiwo007 »

She just registered. Her screen name is Kelley007. She is waiting to get accepted. She will read 1,2,5,6,9,10,13,14,17,18,21,22,25,26,29,30

Thanks Taiye
Last edited by tiwo007 on January 13th, 2015, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

tiwo007 wrote:She just registered. Her screen name is Kelley007. She is waiting to get accepted. She will read 1,2,5,6,9,10,13,14,17,18,21,22,25,26,29,30

Thanks Taiye
Perfect! As soon as she is able, have Kelley post in this thread so that I know that she is here. Then, I will adjust the assigned sections and we can get down to fun bunny-related reading!

BTW, you can paste your sections into the MW. But I will do the two posted for you. Do you have durations for your recordings?

Also, I don't know if you are using the full LV intro for all your sections, or if you are using the shortened solo intro. The way this works, normally for soloists, you need to use the full LibriVox disclaimer releasing your recordings into the public domain in the first section. Then, the second section onwards, you use the shorter disclaimer, "This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." For duets, the first section each reader reads must have the full disclaimer, then after that they can use the shorter version. It is kind of like two solo projects wrapped into one! If I have completely confused you, let me know and I will point you to another duet I am running.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kelley007

Post by Kelley007 »

Good Morning,

I'm Kelley I will be reading the Chs my husband mentioned 1,2,5,6,9,10,13,14,17,18,21,22,25,26,29,30. This should be fun :)

Kelley
MaxineMarie

Post by MaxineMarie »

Good morning Kelley & Taiye,
" as soloist, you are the book coordinator (BC) of your own project. Which means that you are the one who gets to fill in the section titles, and when you upload your files, you get to paste the link into the MW" (quoted from an earlier post in this thread).
You will still be the BC even though you are doing this as a duet.
This means that when you post your file in the thread, you also need to paste into the MW and fill in the duration (time) under Notes. Then change the Assigned to Ready for PL. Once I see that, I will listen, make notes of any problems and post the notes here, or if all is ok, I will mark it PL OK in the MW.
You get into the MW by clicking on the BC Admin at the bottom of the MW. This takes you to the Dashboard where all this is done. There are some things that only an MC can do, but mostly it's you two and me.
Welcome to LV! I hope you enjoy yourselves here as much as I do.
Max :D