[COMPLETE] Thus Spake Zarathustra by Fr. Nietzsche - cm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/thus-spake-zarathustra-by-friedrich-nietzsche/

Since Seth is not around, I will take over as BC for now. Gesine, 04 March 2007

...and since Gesine will not be about for a bit, I'll take over from her until she is. CarlManchester, 19th May 08

Thus Spake Zarathustra: A book for all and none
by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche; translated by Thomas Common

Target Completion Date: 15th October 2008 (Nietzsche's 164th birthday)

Text: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/1998 or http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/n/nietzsche/friedrich/n67a/

(BC admin link)

Please include in your recording the standard Librivox disclaimer and comments:

AT THE BEGINNING OF A PART:
- "This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, and to find out how you can volunteer, please visit: librivox.org.�
- If you wish, say: �Read and recorded by [your name], [your podcast, blog etc, if you wish], [your city/state/country], [date]�
- �Thus Spake Zarathustra, by Friedrich Nietzsche; translated by Thomas Common, [Part], [chapters to be read]"

AT THE BEGINNING OF A CHAPTER: (excluding the first of a Part)
- "This is a LibriVox dot org recording by [first and last name / (optional) Date]"
- "This recording is in the public domain."
- �Thus Spake Zarathustra, by Friedrich Nietzsche; translated by Thomas Common, [Part], [chapter to be read]"

AT THE END OF A PART:
- "End of [Part read], [Chapters read]
- If you wish, say: �Read and recorded by [your name], [your podcast, blog etc, if you wish], [your city/state/country], [date]�

AT THE END OF BOOK:
- "End of Thus Spake Zarathustra, by Friedrich Nietzsche; translated by Thomas Common"

READING FOOTNOTES:
- Please read the footnotes in the text at approximately the point where they are noted ... don't feel obliged to interrupt a sentence to read the note when reading at the end of a sentence or even paragraph will suffice.
- Say "BEGIN NOTE" before and "END NOTE" after the note. (They aren't really "Foot" notes anymore afterall heheh).

- Thread regarding footnotes: htp://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607

------------------------

File Name Format:

zarathustra_##_nietzsche_common.mp3 where ## is your section number (first column in table above)
(^ note lowercase ^)
zarathustra_01_nietzsche_common.mp3

ID3 Tag Formats:
Title/Name: Zarathustra - ## - [chapter title] where ## is your section number (e.g. "Zarathustra - 45 - The Wanderer)
Artist: Friedrich Nietzsche, transl. Thomas Common
Album: Thus Spake Zarathustra

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ge - Gesine
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by Sethwoodworth on November 5th, 2006, 4:58 pm, edited 26 times in total.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Hi Seth,

Interesting project! So do I understand correctly that you and your friends will be doing all of this? That's the impression I got, but then you said something about claiming chapters, although that may be a remnant of borrowing the outline. It looks like you have things well planned out.

I'll be your MC and add this to the catalog. One small thing: the filename needs to be in all lowercase. Besides that, looks like you're all set! Keep us updated of your progress and hold onto the files until you are finished if you are able, otherwise send them to me with yousendit. Let me know if you have any questions!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
rurikid

Post by rurikid »

Hey,

Sounds good, really interested in getting started on this.

Paul
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

LibraryLady,

Rurikid, Dr. Cello and myself will be recording all of this book. I left the outline for the chapter breakdown so I can add it in after I break down the book's chapters and subsections. We will meet either this weekend of the next and decide which of us will be reading what, or simply decide it on the fly.

Thank you for being our Meta, btw. :D
dr. cello

Post by dr. cello »

Correct. I'm here and quite excited to lend my talents to the project.

Mason
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Seth, Paul and Mason - good luck and have fun with your recordings! I'm looking forward to this one (and would be happy to "proof-listen" if you need someone); we're thinking of reading it in the original, too! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Seth,

Gesine and I just had an MC smackdown and wrestled over who gets to do the meta for this. :D Okay, so it wasn't that dramatic. Typically I do the meta for non-fiction but we make exceptions when people have personal interests in a book or topic, etc. I didn't know that Gesine had already offered to be your meta via PM and she is passionate about all things philosophical so I'm handing it off to her.

Gesine, it's all yours!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg

Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

Sorry 'bout that. It was a matter of reading one before the other. I am glad that it's all strait now.
sethish.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

It's mine it's mine it's mine it's mine :D (it had better be _really_ good now) (only joking obviously :) looking forward to this!)

Thanks Annie, Seth. - Annie, I'll let you do one of my OL projects instead; you can choose which language. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Gesine wrote:It's mine it's mine it's mine it's mine :D (it had better be _really_ good now) (only joking obviously :) looking forward to this!)

Thanks Annie, Seth. - Annie, I'll let you do one of my OL projects instead; you can choose which language. :)
LOL! I already did the Finnish book, does that count? :D
Annie Coleman Rothenberg

Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi - how is everyone getting on? Seth, I noticed that the chapter division is still missing from the intro post, but maybe you've divided them up already, off-line?

Do you have a target completion date for this project? No pressure at all, but we like to keep track of things a little. :)
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

Yeah, about that...
I just got through midterms and I haven't got a chance to divide up the book. I'm taking a rather heavy course load this quarter as well as an independent study on the decline of medieval europe. So I have a lot of reading and writing ahead of me still.

Like I said, my midterms are just completed. I have about two weeks of intensive writing and reading to catch up with a few other projects. After which I should be able to move in on this at full speed.
sethish.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Seth! :)
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

I've updated the top post, now even with a completion date. :D
sethish.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Seth! A couple of things:

1) Did you want your Paul and Mason to claim by parts? I noticed you have 'unclaimed' both next to chapters and next to parts.

2) Please change all Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. These will get sorted properly in the catalogue, and in mp3 players.

3) The chapters are very short. I would pull a number of them together to form a section - say chapters I-V = section 01, chapters VI-X = section 02 etc. The sections number through the books as though they weren't there (again, for sorting reasons). For an example, see this project: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=674

This has several advantages: less files, recordings lengths of 30-60 minutes, and easy-to-claim sections (though this is less important for you).

However, I don't quite understand you system yet and it may well be better! :)