[COMPLETE] Celebrated Travels and Travellers, vol 3 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kajo

Post by kajo »

Thank you very much Denise and Ed. :)
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
raroksaar

Post by raroksaar »

I finished section 35:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Celebratedtravels3_35_verne_128kb.mp3
duration: 28:52

This is my first reading so criticism is welcome. There were numerous proper names in this section and I hope I did them justice.

I'm still learning how to work with Audacity.

The source is on one continuous track. In order to splice in corrections I assume I would split at the point of the correction into two tracks by cutting/pasting, deleting the problematic section, rerecording it, and then assembling the parts into one track again.
kajo

Post by kajo »

Thank you very much raroksaar. Had a quick look. very nice reading. :D Denise will give you PL feedback. The file name of your uploaded section starts with a capital C. Only lower case letters are used in file names. If there are no PL notes for a section Tricia often just changes the file name on the server. If you need to make some changes you can upload it with the correct file name.

Well, when you make corrections and you feel more comfortable by using two tracks during editing and then bringing them together that's fine. (To mute the main track can be very useful while recording in a second one.) Alternatively you can record it in a new file, apply the same effects that you used for the main recording and paste it in.

In any case much success and enjoyment.

Would you like to read some more? :mrgreen:

Best wishes. Kajo
(D)PLer with all my heart: It is a PLeasure for me to listen to the spOKen words of LV readers (in dutch, english, german and latin).
denisedee

Post by denisedee »

Section 1//First Part, chapter I: The Dawn of a Century of Discovery, 1: PL-OK!
Denise
raroksaar

Post by raroksaar »

Thanks Kajo for the comments. I'll keep the lower case convention in mind. I would like to do more reading when section 35 is approved, after any appropriate adjustments.

Community readings of classics is fun. Jules Verne was prolific. Earlier I read (not outloud)
"Adventures of a special correspondent" by him: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/11263
It is an account of an early train journey across Central Asia. Most Project Gutenberg books are available on the iBooks app on an iPad for free. That app provides a nice interface.
sovetkin

Post by sovetkin »

Hello,

I would like to claim sections 8-16 please!
raroksaar

Post by raroksaar »

I would like to claim section 34. I recently finished section 35. It has not been proof listened to yet but I can make corrections to the source if required. In the meantime I would like to proceed with 34.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hi, everyone! Kajo sent me a PM a while ago saying that her life has gotten busy and asking me to keep an eye on things here. So here I am. :)

sovetkin - Welcome! I'll put you down for 8 & 9 for now. Once you've gotten them in, we'll assign you some more sections. :) You'll also want to do the 1-minute test before embarking on these; if there's a problem with your setup, you'll want to have the problem be found in a 30-second recording rather than a 30-minute one!

Also, how would you like to be credited in the catalog? There are places for a catalog name (some use a nickname or forum name, some their real name) and a personal web site or blog, if you have one. CLICK HERE for an example of what I'm talking about. I recommend using whatever name you say (if any) when you say, "recorded by [your name]" as that's how listeners will look for you. (Keep in mind that prospective employers, classmates, etc. can also find you using the catalog name, so be cautious if privacy might be an issue.)

raroksaar - I'll put you in for 34. I've also PM'd our DPL to make sure she knows there are files to listen to. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
denisedee

Post by denisedee »

Section 35 //Second Part, chapter II, part II: French Circumnavigators, 11: PL-OK

Thanks,
Denise
Denise
sovetkin

Post by sovetkin »

TriciaG wrote:Hi, everyone! Kajo sent me a PM a while ago saying that her life has gotten busy and asking me to keep an eye on things here. So here I am. :)

sovetkin - Welcome! I'll put you down for 8 & 9 for now. Once you've gotten them in, we'll assign you some more sections. :) You'll also want to do the 1-minute test before embarking on these; if there's a problem with your setup, you'll want to have the problem be found in a 30-second recording rather than a 30-minute one!

Also, how would you like to be credited in the catalog? There are places for a catalog name (some use a nickname or forum name, some their real name) and a personal web site or blog, if you have one. CLICK HERE for an example of what I'm talking about. I recommend using whatever name you say (if any) when you say, "recorded by [your name]" as that's how listeners will look for you. (Keep in mind that prospective employers, classmates, etc. can also find you using the catalog name, so be cautious if privacy might be an issue.)
Ah, yes, thank you. I have missed this test record part. Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test-record.mp3

I hope this is the right place to put it. And thank you in advance for the feedback!

And as for the way to be credited in catalogue, then the name will do. It is Eugene Sovetkin.

Thank you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This isn't the right place, but that's OK; I checked it anyway. 8-)

All sounds good! Tech settings are OK. Volume is a little high; I'd de-amplify by 3 dB on your recordings, if you have them all around the same volume to start. (Effects / Amplify, and put -3 in the box. If you amplified the recording, don't amplify so much.)

It sounds like you might have been moving around in the first few seconds of the recording. After that I didn't hear the shuffling noises anymore. It's something to keep in mind - the mic picks up everything. :)

You're OK to start recording! I'll put your name in the system and officially add you to the Magic Window when I get home. (I'm on a lunch break right now.)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
sovetkin

Post by sovetkin »

TriciaG wrote:This isn't the right place, but that's OK; I checked it anyway. 8-)

All sounds good! Tech settings are OK. Volume is a little high; I'd de-amplify by 3 dB on your recordings, if you have them all around the same volume to start. (Effects / Amplify, and put -3 in the box. If you amplified the recording, don't amplify so much.)

It sounds like you might have been moving around in the first few seconds of the recording. After that I didn't hear the shuffling noises anymore. It's something to keep in mind - the mic picks up everything. :)

You're OK to start recording! I'll put your name in the system and officially add you to the Magic Window when I get home. (I'm on a lunch break right now.)
Thank you very much, you are very kind! I shall de-amplify by 3 dB. Et bon appetit!
kajo

Post by kajo »

Hi all! I'm very sorry about my absence. :oops:

Thank you very much, Tricia. :D
Thank you, Denise, raroksaar and sovetkin.
msfry

Post by msfry »

This project sounds very interesting. May I have Sections 10 and 11?
kajo

Post by kajo »

Thank you very much, Michele. Sections 10 and 11 are assigned to you. :)