[COMPL] King's Daughter and Other Stories, Various-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I've just got a couple PL notes:

At the start, you've got 3 seconds of sound. According to the first post (with all of the details) we can only have .5 to 1 seconds of sound.

At the end, you say 'end of section' but it needs to be 'end of section 47'. It's just to make sure people listening can keep track of what they're listening to.

You have about 3 seconds of silence at the end, but we need to have 5 seconds. The reason for the extra sound is so that the end of the file doesn't get cut off--only sound does. Some audio players will cut off the ends of the files and without the sound people will miss part of the file.

Your file is 93.8 db--this is close, but it needs to be between 86 and 92 db. If you run your files through checker after you export them before you upload, it can tell you how loud your file is so you can fix it. Just amplify your file by -4.8

You're doing great! When you've fixed everything up, just upload it using this as your file name: kingsdaughter_47_various_128kb and select 'icequeen' as the MC. Your first section should be PL OK in no time! Keep up the good work! If you don't understand anything just post and we can help you out. :)
Adele

Post by sainaghadiany »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/kingsdaughter_47_various_128kb.mp3

I am not sure if the sound it ok, but other things are all considered.
AdeledePignerolles

sainaghadiany wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/kingsdaughter_47_various_128kb.mp3

I am not sure if the sound it ok, but other things are all considered.
Almost everything is fixed! Great job!

The only thing left is that there's still 2 seconds of sound at the start of the recording. If you could cut out about 1.5 seconds and re-upload it that would be great. Everything else sounds fine and your sound is great too. If you download checker (see information about checker here), then you can check your own sound.

Keep up the great work! I hope to hear more of your sections someday!
Adele

Post by sainaghadiany »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/kingsdaughter_47_various_128kb.mp3

Oh, I think now the silence time is too short :))
Sure, I am going to record more, and become better at it so I wouldn't bother anyone this much :)
AdeledePignerolles

The time at the start is now perfect! There needs to be a little bit more on the end, though. Try adding a little more 'silence' at the end, so that you have five seconds total at the end. You're on the right track--keep up the good work!
Adele

Post by sainaghadiany »

AdeledePignerolles

Hooray! Section 47 is now officially PL OK!! Great job! :clap:
Adele

Post by WoollyBee »

I'm back! Thanks for babysitting, Adele!
sainaghadiany

Post by sainaghadiany »

Ok, now I wanna read section 46, A Child's Puzzle. Is it ok?
AdeledePignerolles

sainaghadiany wrote:Ok, now I wanna read section 46, A Child's Puzzle. Is it ok?
Go ahead!

Note to Ann:

I pm'd WoollyBee on the 22nd and she hasn't seen it yet, and this request has been waiting since the 19th. I thought maybe since I was looking after it before and WoollyBee hasn't posted here or seen my pm it was ok? :hmm: Please let me know. I just didn't want to have anyone get tired of waiting and quit recording.
Adele

Post by icequeen »

That is just fine, Adele! Thank you so much for taking the initative. Her signature says that she will not have internet access until Monday. Of course, she did not say which Monday, I was hoping it was today. Feel free to assign sections until Sarah checks in again. And I completely agree with you, the longer claims go unanswered, the more likely the reader will not be back. Great job!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

I'm back! Thanks for taking care of the claim, Adele. Apologies for my absence.
Carmelea

Post by Carmelea »

Hello there, Icequeen. I finished Chapter 45, The Impossible Yesterday. This is my first time recording for LibriVox, so I hope it turned out well and that I posted it correctly. Thanks very much!

Carmen

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/kingsdaughter_45_various_128kb.mp3

3:31.44
“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” ~ Eden Phillpotts
AdeledePignerolles

Carmelea wrote:Hello there, Icequeen. I finished Chapter 45, The Impossible Yesterday. This is my first time recording for LibriVox, so I hope it turned out well and that I posted it correctly. Thanks very much!

Carmen

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/kingsdaughter_45_various_128kb.mp3

3:31.44
Thank you! I will prooflisten soon!

Could you clarify the time? To me it looks like '3 hours, 31 minutes, and 44 seconds'. Because each section is less than 1500 words, I don't think that's right. How long is your recording in minutes and seconds?

Thanks!
Adele

Post by Carmelea »

Thanks for your help. I copied and pasted the "3:31.44" from the Checker program. So, it would be 3 minutes, 31 seconds (and hmmm, :hmm: maybe 44 milliseconds?!) I wasn't sure whether to round up or not....
“The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” ~ Eden Phillpotts