'Thank you' messages for Librivox in general

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for EVERYONE via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you very much! Librivox!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I wish you would thank every reader! I have become addicted to listening. They say it's an addiction when it interferes with your living. Well, I have blue tooth speakers in my home, the cabin and in my car. Haven't listened to sirus radio in months and months, (I do a lot of driving.) I listen to fall asleep every night.
Please let everyone know they are appreciated so very, very, much.
Thank you to administers who make it possible.
Thank you, thank you!

"Dreaming is never a waste of time."

Lynn
Carolin
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Praise for everyone via help desk
Hi there!

I'm not sure I'm emailing this to the correct place but it's worth a try. I'm just emailing to say a huge, and I mean HUGE thank you for your website. I don't always have the time to read despite it being my favourite past time and I was disappointed to find that if you want to listen to audiobooks you have to pay ridiculous prices for memberships. Your website is truly a life saver. On behalf of myself and every other person that utilises your website I'd just like to say thank you SO MUCH, it's truly, truly appreciated!!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Dear Librivox,
I want to express my gratitude for the work you have provided. I am a young man recovering from cancer. I have been very sick and weak for about two years. I am often bedridden, and very rarely have experienced any health or energy since my disease began to manifest itself.
During my "down time" I have been so incredibly blessed by Librivox. I have spent a lot of time "reading" Librivox books. Despite my present hardships, it has been one of my greatest joys to be able to read books through Librivox. I have enjoyed such books as Pride and Prejudice, The Count of Monte Cristo, the Odyssey, and Muir's Thousand Mile Walk to the Gulf. My favorite readers include Dennis Sayers, Kara Shallenberg, MaryAnn, Stephen Escelera, and Elizabeth Klett. I am so grateful that Librivox and readers such as these have provided a free way of enjoying and partaking in quality literature. Because of my health and medical bills, I can not afford Audible.com, and am all the more grateful that Librivox is free.
If I may suggest some titles which I would like to have on Librivox, they are as follows:

The Autobiography of George Muller
the poetry of Annie Johnson Flint
Puritan devotional writings, such as those of John Owen, Richard Baxter, and Nicholas Flavel
"A History of English Literature" by Andrew Lang.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

-Ryan
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Danke
светлана
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Happy New Year! Libravox is brilliant. Dave
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you for an awesome service. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read so that others can listen. A beautiful gift.

Regards, Russell
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Librivox and readers,

I want to say I discovered Librivox maybe a year ago, and since then I've listen to every Jane Austen, Mark Twain, and Edgar Allen Poe story I could find on the app (among many other famous classics). Since I got into my junior year of high school and beyond I sadly realized that I didn't have as much time to read as I did before. Instead of getting through a novel every week I was struggling through calculus – things like that. Now I can listen to stories while I’m playing video games or cooking. I’m happy I didn't have to give up reading after all, it’s just taken a different form, that wouldn't be possible without the readers.

I wanted to thank you because you are the voice of so many of the stories I've “read”. Once I hit over 10 Librivix books I started recognizing individual readers. It was comforting in a way to be read to by the same person, even if we've never met. I suppose after listening to so many hours of one person’s voice it’s natural to get attached in a way. I’m thinking of volunteering myself soon!

I can only list the titles since I've been through so many stories and I haven’t been keeping track of every reader. A few that come to mind off the top of my head are Elizabeth Clet and Mark Smith. The titles are: Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, The Little Princess, Treasure Island, The Phantom of the Opera, Mansfield Park, Story of my Life (Helen Keller’s autobiography), The Prince and the Pauper, Great Expectations, David Copperfield, The Wind in the Willows, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Jungle Book, The Strange Case of Dr. Jackal and Mr. Hyde, The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin, The Three Musketeers, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, A Tale of Two Cities, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Dracula, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, Oliver Twist, Persuasion, Love and Friendship, Emma, Kidnapped, Tarzan of the Apes, The Return of Tarzan, The Princess and the Goblin, and Princess and Curdie, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, and…phew…I hope I got them all. Oh! I’m also working on Uncle Tom’s Cabin.

What I’m trying to say is: thank you for your time.

Mosi
Des Moines, Iowa
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This is an awesome service!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

I drive a 'big-truck' in the U.S, my main source of info & entertainment is the AM/FM radio 4-16 hours per day. The ability to dwnld audio books and play over the radio I have waited for too many years. With your help, time, sharing and giving, I am becoming the type of person my Dog thinks I am..(!)
Authors/titles/readers to many to recount or mention. My main areas of interest are Biography/Auto-biography and History/Adventure.
To one and all readers a hearty and wholesome Thank You!
You have made my world a better and more pleasant place to be.
Best wishes to you and yours,
drvrdug
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hey my names Samuel and i live in British Columbia Canada. Im 16 years old and currently attending high school. Just wanted to stop by and say hello! ive been listening to librivox audiobooks ever since i was a kid, specifically the whole brothers grimm fairy tales.Its crazy i used to listen to them like everyday and when ever i hear the voice of the reader i know who it is. I remember i signed up about two years ago and kayray emailed me back and i was so damn excited! Anyway just wanted to let you guys know that you guys were super important to me growing up and that you guys are awesome and great and so so cool.

Cheers
Sam

P.S. - I really do love Librivox and what it represents . If theres any jobs or anything id love to be involved with you guys somehow! I don't read aloud very often so i'm not very good at that but if you guys have anything for me let me know!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi,

My dad is in the hospital being treated for complications of cancer. He vastly enjoys falling asleep listening to books on tape from Librivox. It makes his experience there much more bearable.

So, thank you,

Alec
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thanks a lot for reading ! It is really helping me to improve my listening skills and I am doing that in an enjoyable way because I really love literature.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Love you guys

Thanks so much for reading!
Carolin
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

I have been listening to your story telling for about a year now; and just want to let you know how thankful I am for the job you are doing to bring these audios to the public. As the listening takes a huge amount of time, so does the reading if not more. Your dedication is appreciated. I have heard many accents, and voice rhythms, and have followed them all with pleasure. I've gotten to know you by your voice. You have been a welcome friend into my home.