[COMPLETE]The Kalevala compiled Elias Lönnrot-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
soumenbarua

Post by soumenbarua »

MrKyle wrote:Hi all!

I will be listening to (and hopefully approving) Rune 11 early this week and should 12 get uploaded, it as well.

Animite, do you mind if I do a bit of noise clean up on a portion of your reading? There is just a bit of bg noise that I think I can RX-out.

I'm glad to see the ball rolling! Thanks for your patience too :)

Cheers,

MrKyle
Hi MrKyle, I would upload 12 by end of today EST time.

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

soumenbarua wrote:

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
Sounds great. I'll wait until I have both, review them and hopefully they will be up by Wednesday night.

Cheers!
soumenbarua

Post by soumenbarua »

MrKyle wrote:
soumenbarua wrote:

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
Sounds great. I'll wait until I have both, review them and hopefully they will be up by Wednesday night.

Cheers!
Hi MrKyle,

I have uploaded my recording Rune 12 here:
http://uploads.librivox.org/annise/kalevala_12_lonnrot_128kb.mp3

Please review and let me know if this is fine or any improvements needed.

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
soumenbarua

Post by soumenbarua »

soumenbarua wrote:
MrKyle wrote:
soumenbarua wrote:

Thanks & regards,
Soumen

Cheers!
Hi MrKyle,

I have uploaded my recording Rune 12 here:
http://uploads.librivox.org/annise/kalevala_12_lonnrot_128kb.mp3 duration 24:01

Please review and let me know if this is fine or any improvements needed.

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Animite,

We just need you to include the "Recording by [your name/avatar]" for the end of the file.

Also, if you have an original .wav that is totally edited and done, I can work with it a bit more quickly. Sounds great though!

Soumenbarua, your reading was great as well. I'd like to ask if you have an original .wav as well. I can clean and encode it on my system to get a very robust capture. I'd like to raise the volume a smidge, but with this .mp3 the quality will take a hit.

MrKyle
soumenbarua

Post by soumenbarua »

MrKyle wrote:Animite,

We just need you to include the "Recording by [your name/avatar]" for the end of the file.

Also, if you have an original .wav that is totally edited and done, I can work with it a bit more quickly. Sounds great though!

Soumenbarua, your reading was great as well. I'd like to ask if you have an original .wav as well. I can clean and encode it on my system to get a very robust capture. I'd like to raise the volume a smidge, but with this .mp3 the quality will take a hit.

MrKyle
Hi MrKyle,

I do not have a .wav file but I have audacity project file which I used to record and compile into .mp3. Would you like me to upload or send you the audacity project files?

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
Animite

Post by Animite »

Animite,

I got the "Recording by" statement added on to my original file.

I also have a .wav format file ready for you. How would you like me to submit that to you? Through the Librivox downloader or to you directly? I only ask because I thought you could only submit .mp3 files through the Librivox downloader. If I am wrong, I would be more than happy to do it that way.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Everyone
You can not upload .wav files via the uploader
If MrKyle would be happy with .flac files - they too are lossless and half the size , you could use them . We use them for many of the dramas roles files .
They can be opened and used by Audacity
They can be exported from Audacity

Anne
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Apologies everyone for my confusion here.

I asked about the .wavs because I have the capability of cleaning up, scrubbing audio at a high resolution and can remove hums or background noise to a very deep level, but I would need a wav to do so. I wasn't asking everyone to upload .wavs for the project, only for me to potentially edit, encode as an mp3 or flac, and then upload.

Sorry for the confusion. I will get Rune 11 up soon and flac would be just as great as mp3s for final versions.

Cheers,

MrKyle
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Animite,

If you could send the file to eiravaeinsound AT gmail.com that'd be just fine.

Cheers!
edit: I've edited the address to stop it being harvested and used to drown you in spam. - Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

MrKyle wrote:Animite,

If you could send the file to eiravaeinsound AT gmail.com that'd be just fine.

Cheers!
Please no - just upload a flac file here. LV started off with people storing files all over the place and then when it came to catalogue time the links didn't work etc. etc. It's going to be a long project, lets have all the files here , that way whatever happens to any of us someone will be able to use what has been done already :D

Anne
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Ah, fair enough. That makes the most sense in this situation then. Thank you Anne!

Ok, so let's stick with .flac, even though the previous files were .mp3. I kept the quality fairly uniform for those so I'm not worried about them.

Animite, if you can post the file as usual (HQ .flac, if you please), I'll download it, do my usual check, and re-upload if need be.

Great! Glad we have that sorted. Anne, should we update the MW in any way?

Cheers,

MrKyle
Animite

Post by Animite »

Okay, I think I've got it now. Here is the file in .flac form:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalevala_11_lonnrot_128kb.flac

The duration of the file is 19:52.
HLOBerne

Post by HLOBerne »

I would like to place a claim on 13. Rune XIII, please.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Hi HLOBerne and welcome to the project. Rune 13 is all yours. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

Please note that it is best to read through the text for your Rune before recording. We are locked into this text, but it is possible there might be a textual error or two in the transcription. We've come across a few in the previous Rune recordings. They can slip through when recording without a second thought! Other than that, remember we can accept lossless .flac files as well!

Cheers, and thank you!

MrKyle