LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:24 am

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post Posted:: September 7th, 2014, 2:22 pm 

Key to the Science of Theology by Parley P. Pratt (1807 - 1857).

Quote:
"The present Volume aims to embody, in a concise and somewhat original manner and style, a general view of the Science of Theology, as gathered from revelation, history, prophecy, reason and analogy. If the Work proves an introductory key to some of the first principles of the divine science of which it treats; if it serves to open the eyes of any of his fellowmen, on the facts of the past, the present, and the future; if it leads to investigation and inquiry, and calls public attention to the greater and more particular truths which have been, or are about to be, revealed as a standard by which to unite the people of all nations and of all religions upon the rock, the sure foundation of divine, eternal, uncreated, infinite and exhaustless Truth, it will have accomplished the end aimed at by THE AUTHOR." (preface)

• Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35470
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, Mormon, theology, LDS, religious history, religion and science

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Key to the Science of Theology. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Key to the Science of Theology, by Parley P. Pratt. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Key to the Science of Theology by Parley P. Pratt. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"

END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Key to the Science of Theology, by Parley P. Pratt. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename keysciencetheology_##_pratt_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. keysciencetheology_01_pratt_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Parley P. Pratt
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Key to the Science of Theology

[b]Transfer of files (completed recordings)

Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kd - KiltedDragon
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Last edited by Bassaga on September 15th, 2014, 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted:: September 7th, 2014, 2:25 pm 

Right then, here's my first solo. I'm telling you now, whoever considers MCing and PLing this, after all the [-erk- TMI!] I'm pretty literate again now, but I have a lot of trouble organizing stuff and keeping track of things, so I might need a little hand holding. I'll try to make you proud, though.

Post Posted:: September 15th, 2014, 5:08 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Got your MW set up. Since this is your first BC project as well as Solo, I have PMed you some instructions for using the MW and for logging into the Workflow system so be sure to check those out. It can look a little overwhelming at first but once you start doing it, you will get the hang of it pretty quickly.

Post Posted:: September 15th, 2014, 5:17 am 

I'd be interested in serving as DPL on this!

**** Currently recovering from surgery, so may be a little behind on my PL work. I'll get it done, I promise!*****

Come read about Ireland! (Not PD in Death +70 countries)

Post Posted:: September 15th, 2014, 9:36 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks, Kristin. I added you in. :)

Post Posted:: September 15th, 2014, 12:27 pm 

Well thank you Barry, and thank you Kristin! My name is Jared by the way. I'll hop on the mic pretty soon so we can get this party started.

Post Posted:: September 26th, 2014, 2:51 pm 

Well, I hit the ground stumbling alright. Anyway, finally got the preface to my liking, let me know if you approve, mighty DPL!

FYI, so it doesn't catch you off guard, there's poetry scattered all over this book, including ahead of the title page. I read it that way, which is why I don't state the title and author right away as is usual. I haven't encountered a frontispiece here before, so I hope that was the right way to handle it.

ETA: Chapter 1 is also ready.

Post Posted:: October 16th, 2014, 8:39 pm 

Got chapters 2, 3, and 4 uploaded today.

Post Posted:: October 17th, 2014, 5:04 am 

I'll get these listened to shortly!

**** Currently recovering from surgery, so may be a little behind on my PL work. I'll get it done, I promise!*****

Post Posted:: October 30th, 2014, 7:42 am 

All sections are PL OK!

Post Posted:: November 29th, 2014, 11:20 am 

Thanks for PLing them, I'm thrilled they're all okay! Just checking in to... you know, check in. It's been a while since I've posted anything. I recorded the two longest chapters, figuring I should knock them out while I was feeling frisky, lest I lose momentum later and not want to do them. Ironically, I started editing them, and hit a big ol' concrete wall of demotivation.

So I'm working on them, just slowly. I haven't forgotten about this.

Post Posted:: December 1st, 2014, 10:39 am 

Bassaga wrote:
Ironically, I started editing them, and hit a big ol' concrete wall of demotivation.

I smack into this wall on a regular basis myself! I LOVE recording....and ABHOR editing. As of yet, I have not been able to master the art of perfection. LOL

Post Posted:: March 1st, 2015, 4:23 pm 

Welp, I've got sections 9 and 15 uploaded. I recorded them months ago, finally edited them today; I think they're good, but I didn't listen to every second (mostly just where I clicked to mark a mistake) so let me know if I sneezed or anything and didn't take it out.

Post Posted:: March 2nd, 2015, 7:15 am 

Bassaga wrote:
Welp, I've got sections 9 and 15 uploaded. I recorded them months ago, finally edited them today; I think they're good, but I didn't listen to every second (mostly just where I clicked to mark a mistake) so let me know if I sneezed or anything and didn't take it out.

In Section 9, there's one edit that got missed @ 14:31 "The glorious coming..."

15 is PL OK!

Post Posted:: March 2nd, 2015, 1:50 pm 

Ah! Glad you caught that. It should be fixed now.