Post by WoollyBee »

Wow!!! This is finishing up fast! Can't wait to see it cataloged! :9:
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Am I supposed to do that or Beth?
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'll look into it later today - offline at the moment and can't access the MW on my phone!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I can't access the MW on my computer either. Anne, can you get me access again? Maybe if I can just be popped in as the BC again, and I'll tidy up the last bits?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OK, I'm in and all done! (I think!)

I left the note about the filename for Chapter 1.7, as I see the filename still has "barrie" instead of "bunyan".
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks will get it in the catalogue - . I had fixed he file name in the validation process , but I checked to make sure :D

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Congratulations all - especially for the rapid completion

:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-pilgrims-progress-version-3-by-jesse-lyman-hurlbut/
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

annise wrote:Congratulations all - especially for the rapid completion

:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-pilgrims-progress-version-3-by-jesse-lyman-hurlbut/
WHOOOO HOOO! How exciting! Thank you all for your hard work! Especially Beth!!! Tons of hours into getting this whole thing ready for us to have fun with!
~Kim
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant! How exciting!

Can I just check two things though - thè link still appears to have Jesse Hurlbut as the author, even though he has been deleted from the main page?

Also, should this be marked as a Dramatic Read rather than just Version 3? That would make it easier to find.

And if it isn't too late to change this, I'd like to have Kim listed as the DPL, as she did heaps of the work when my computer was struggling with FLAC files!

I love that we have a CD cover already! Super quick!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Can't do anything about the link - it's one of those things that can only be changed by paid people - and there are better things to spend our money on - most people will never see it (and yes I was a bit annoyed too :D ) There are some around with embarrassing spelling mistakes too. :D
It's really better to stick to version numbers - gets very complicated when we start having dramatic reading (version 2) etc. etc .
I can only list 1 DPL in the side link ?

I used a William Blake image for the cover to help show it wasn't a kids version - if you wondered why

Anne
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

annise wrote:Can't do anything about the link - it's one of those things that can only be changed by paid people - and there are better things to spend our money on - most people will never see it (and yes I was a bit annoyed too :D ) There are some around with embarrassing spelling mistakes too. :D
It's really better to stick to version numbers - gets very complicated when we start having dramatic reading (version 2) etc. etc .
Ah well. Such is life. Is there a dramatic reading tag or something, so that people can search for dram reads?

Also, do you think it would look better with a paragraph break between the initial discussion of the contents of the book, and the comments about this edited version? Like in the opening paragraph of the first post? I think it would help separate the issues, and point out the contribution by Hurlbut (since we have now removed him from the author list.) This would also be consistent with the blurb for version 2, which is a different edition again! :mrgreen:
I can only list 1 DPL in the side link ?
Yes, I know. I think in the end Kim did a lot of work, including managing a lot of editing issues while I didn't have MW access.
I used a William Blake image for the cover to help show it wasn't a kids version - if you wondered why

Anne
Oh, so you made it yourself? I had no idea you were so talented - I thought there were separate graphics people who did that! I bow before your expertise! :thumbs:
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Summary like the LV page now ?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes please, I think so. That looks great!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

OK I'll change the Archive page.
It has Dramatic reading as a genre which is a search field
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

annise wrote:OK I'll change the Archive page.
It has Dramatic reading as a genre which is a search field
Brilliant! Looks fantastic! I'm so excited - I'm off to tell on my friends on Facebook to come and look! :clap: