Lucy Burgoyne - luciburg

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Lucy Burgoyne has passed away from a fight with cancer (Oct. 14, 2014). Please take some time to let her read to you: https://librivox.org/reader/681

Edit:

Funeral service information. Lucy had friends all over the world thanks to the magic of the Internet, but if you happen to be in the area, you are welcome to attend:

St Andrews Presbyterian Church
John Street, CLIFTON Qld
at 2.00 pm
Tuesday 21st October
Last edited by thistlechick on October 16th, 2014, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am so sorry to hear that. LucyBurg was a great woman, one of the greatest and most considerate I ever worked with. She was a great reader, a wonderful bc and mc, and a great person. I am so sorry. I give my condolences to her family and friends.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I am so sorry to hear that Lucy has lost her fight. She was a very brave person, and an exceptionally kind one.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
kayray

Post by kayray »

This is such sad news. I was very fond of Lucy. She was one of those people who make our forum a lovely place to be.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

This news just breaks my heart. I didn't realize Lucy had been fighting cancer. I worked with her often and found her to be such a lovely person. I'm so very sorry to hear she has lost her battle. My heartfelt condolences to her family.
Laura
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

That's so very sad. Somehow I never worked with her but just the other day I thought that I hadn't seen her here for a long time.

Back when I started listening to LibriVox recordings, there where not so may book and so many readers. I met Lucy's voice in so many recordings and soon her voice was very special to me. She was the LibriVox voice to me with only some other voices that gave me that warm feeling that her voice did. She recorded 993 sections, mostly for group project.

Thank you, Lucy. You will be remembered and not only for this.
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

Lucy's husband Allan asked me to include the funeral service information as well. Lucy had friends all over the world thanks to the magic of the Internet, but if you happen to be in the area, you are welcome to attend:

St Andrews Presbyterian Church
John Street, CLIFTON Qld
at 2.00 pm
Tuesday 21st October
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

I'm very sorry to hear of Lucy's passing. My condolences to her family, should they read this.
Laurie Anne
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I'm sorry to hear that. Her voice was so distinctive and I loved listening to it.

My condolences to her family and friends.
So little space, so much to say.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

That is sad news. I enjoyed listening to her voice. I always thought she sounded like a nice person. Sympathy to her family.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Oh my goodness. So incredibly sad. My condolences to her family and friends. May God bless and strengthen them during this terrible time.
catchpenny

Post by catchpenny »

I'm so sorry!
Anyone can read accurately. [i]I[/i] read with great expression.
Timothy Ferguson

Post by Timothy Ferguson »

Well that's terrible.

I didn't know she lived in the same city as my parents...I could have met her, but I thought she was from Melbourne for some reason. I wonder how we can stop that happening again.
My occasional blog is Games from Folktales
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

She was born in Melbourne , they moved North later on , still used to come and visit family down here. So she may well have said something about Melbourne . She did say Darling Downs I think in her profile though.

Anne