'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for clifford (Nicholas Clifford) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Clifford:

Thank you very much for your excellent and sensitive reading of Doctor Thorne. I felt as if Anthony Trollope were reading to me himself through your emphases and tones throughout. I enjoyed the quips and all the ways that the prejudices and foibles were brought to me through your pacing and earnest phrasing. Lovely Mary, horrible Lady Arabella and wonderful Dr. Thorne
were right here with me.
I look forward to enjoying this selection again and to listening to your other recordings.

Sincerely,

Mary
Doctor Thorne
All of Nicholas' recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for all volunteers involved in producing The Fundamental Principle of the Metaphysic of Morals via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/fundamental-principles-of-the-metaphysic-of-morals-by-immanuel-kant/

I hate Kant. So much. I have to read him for my philosophy class, and rather than actually reading the book, I just kept coming up with terrible puns about how much I hate Kant. “I kan’t read any more Kant” “Kant makes it kry”.

Long story short, it was just bad.

Then I found you guys, and your audio recording. I could spend two hour aimlessly meandering through 10 pages of this godawful book, or I could spend half an hour listening to you guys read it to me.

Y’all are the reason I’m passing philosophy. You guys are lifesavers :)

-Meghana
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for all volunteers involved in producing the dramatic reading of Dracula via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
When I listen to this dramatic reading of Dracula as I run at 5 am (in the dark) I truly feel that the Count is watching my every step!! Best audiobook ever!! The miles seem to fly by, and I am truly disappointed when my run ends!

I especially love Rismyth’s Dr. Van Helsing, Elizabeth’s Mina, and Denny’s Dr. Seward!!! You are not readers – you are actors!! Bravo to all!!

Joyce
Dracula
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for amelita (Amy Conger) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your delightful reading of Florence Scovel Shinns Game of Life.
I so enjoy listening to your reading of it - please read more!!!
Thank you,
Janet
All of Amy's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for gypsygirl (Karen Savage) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

Karen, you are a great reader. I listened to Pride and Prejudice and Anne of Avonlea and Anne of the Island. I was delighted that you read both Jane Austen and Louisa May Alcott, two of my favourite authors; its nice to have the same person read consistently. You do a great job with your expression and putting emphasis in the right places. Keep it up!!

Thanks,

Megan
I just listened to the Anne of Green Gables Series. Karen read most of the series.

She is great. I loved hearing her read.

One book hasn’t been read at all from the series - Anne of windy poplars, and I’m not sure Anne of Ingleside was read either.

Please read it.

Will be looking for more Karen Savage read books, she is that awesome. She sounds like I think Anne should sound.

Thank you so much.

Cynthia
Saint Louis, Missouri.
All of Karen's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for earthcalling (David Barnes) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Please, give my regards and wholehearted thank you to Mr. David Barnes, especially for his work with "The Club of queer trades" and "The Cloud of Unknowing"(and "The Ghost of Canterville") although I have also enjoyed many others of his seminal contributions. Ah, and for making Freud comprehensible and accesible, and, why not, enjoyable (and that one is certainly a great contribution). Ups, and for "The Revelations of Divine Love"; this one I did read for the first time about 6 years ago, and love it at first sight.
Mr. Barnes' clear pronunciation, beautiful and resounding voice and evident understanding of the material gives the listener an incredible opportunity to really taste the beauty of English language. Even more, one gets the impression of having a conversation with a very entertainig and amiable person, and not only hearing a book. Please, encourage him to keep up the good work! And, please, ask him to think about reading "The tales of the Southern Seas" from Stevenson; he would make a very witty devil-in-the-bottle!
All of David's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for cynm1788 (Cynthia Moyer) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:

This is to thank Cynthia Moyer, reading The Seven Sermons to the Dead (Carl Gustav Jung) in LibriVox 7th Anniversary Collection.

Not least because I used excerpts from the reading as narration to a piece of music I recorded. (I am not a professional musician and will not make any money from it.) If you would like to listen to it or download it, and to see what parts of Seven Sermons I used, please do so at http://www.mediafire.com/listen/yl9kdq0hnlb4369/Sju_predikningar_till_de_döda.wav (It's quite a large file, the piece is ten minutes long.)

Thanks Cynthia,

Daniel, Sweden
The Seven Sermons to the Dead
All of Cynthia's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for m8b1 (Maria Therese) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,

I am at the completion of listening to God Goes To Murderer's Row, read by Maria Therese. What a wonderful story, read by a fantastic reader! Thank you.

I want to thank all the readers for the enormous undertaking by LibriVox.

Sincerely,
M.
God Goes to Murderer's Row
All of Maria's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter,

I was browsing through Librivox and was listening to your reading of the above story when I realised you must be the Peter Yeardsley I knew at Woolwich. You do sound very different but so good. I am sure your time and effort are appreciated. I will download all of this collection for my mother who has failing eyesight.

Best regards,

Phil
The Premature Burial
All of Peter's recordings
Carolin
msfry

Post by msfry »

I'd like to thank the producers and readers of the newly catalogued project: The Sword of Welleran. It's my first exposure to Lord Dunsany, and my what a treat. I'm not an avid Sci-Fi reader, but the writing is so crystal clear and compelling, so other-worldly in its subject matter and expression and yet so realistic, and every reader on this project did such a good job, I had to give a two thumbs up! Highly recommended! :thumbs: :thumbs:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

msfry wrote:I'd like to thank the producers and readers of the newly catalogued project: The Sword of Welleran. It's my first exposure to Lord Dunsany, and my what a treat. I'm not an avid Sci-Fi reader, but the writing is so crystal clear and compelling, so other-worldly in its subject matter and expression and yet so realistic, and every reader on this project did such a good job, I had to give a two thumbs up! Highly recommended! :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thank you, Michele, for your glowing recommendation! As the MC and DPL for this project, I can say that this project was an absolute joy to listen to. The easiest project that I have ever run. Like you, I had never heard of Lord Dunsany, but I decided to take on the project just because Lord Dunsany influenced Tolkien. I am so glad that I did! And I will continue to finish up the works that can be recorded by LV, so stay tuned!

Also, I posted your comments in the project thread!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for bart (Bart de Leeuw) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Beste Bart de Leeuw,

mijn vrouw en ik hebben inmiddels al een aantal boeken van je
geluisterd, zoals '20.000 mijlen onder zee' en 'Don Quichote de La
Mancha'. We vinden je erg prettig om naar te luisteren en hopen dan ook
dat je het voorlezen van boeken nog even zult blijven doen! Heel erg
bedankt voor alle tijd en moeite die je erin hebt gestoken!

Met vriendelijke groet,

Albert
Dear Bart de Leeuw,

My wife and I have already listened to a number of books you
read, such as '20, 000 Leagues Under the Sea 'and' Don Quixote de La
Mancha '. We think you are very pleasant to listen to and then hope
that you will still continue to record for a while!
thanks a lot for all the time and effort that you have put into recording!

Sincerely,

Albert
All of Bart's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mil,

Many thanks for your professional performance at reading Our Mutual
Friend, Version 3. I really enjoy listening to your voice and your
delivery is a delight. I look forward to listening to more of my favourite
authors read by you!

Anne
All of Mil's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to thank Ruth Golding for her excellent reading of Wuthering Heights. I enjoyed the whole experience, especially the different voices for different moods and characters. Very professional reading. Thank you for taking the time to read the book! I'll definitely be looking for more titles you've read!

Rebecca
Wuthering Heights
All of Ruth's recordings
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Praise for Sue Anderson (Sue Anderson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I'm through chapter 4 of Days on the Road and felt it was time I finally wrote to let Ms. Anderson know how much I love her readings of the books of 19th century history and the Letters of Mrs. Adams. I've listened to Goldhunters, Common Soldier and Ox Team to California (In addition to the Abigail Adams letters).
All were very enjoyable, fascinating really. I think Ms. Anderson's voice is the most pleasant of any I've listened to, professional or volunteer. She enunciates clearly, reads at just the right tempo and her voice is a perfect storyteller's voice.
So I just want to say wonderful job, Sue Anderson. I have several other books by you that I'm looking forward to and have re-listened already to Ox Team and Common Soldier.
I sincerely hope you are planning to read other works in the future.
Sincerely,
Michael
Sue- My wife and I just finished listening to "Army Letters from an
Officer's Wife, 1871-1888"

We think that this is one of the most enjoyable books we have heard. As a
Navy officer and wife who have retired in Utah, and travel extensively, with
a keen interest in military history, the author certainly found an
appreciative audience.

However, YOU, as reader, did a superb job bringing old words to life with
the emotions we are sure the author intended!

We have listened to a lot of books- the thrillers by Brad Thor, Vince Flynn,
several Stephen Ambrose books, humor by Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum
series), and a number of others in recent years, and must say that your
tone, clarity, pace, and emotional level was equal to any of the
professional paid readers.

THANK YOU for your making our lives more enjoyable.

Now, I am off to Librivox to download some more of your readings for our
future travels!

John
Captain, U.S. Navy (retired)
Salt Lake City, UT
All of Sue's recordings
Carolin