COMPLETE Books Fatal to Their Authors by PH Ditchfield - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

lezer wrote:Can I read section 16, please?
Hi thanks for claiming I will sign you up to that section
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
Animite

Post by Animite »

Carolin,

Sorry, these chapters took me a while to complete. But here they are ready for muster and LPs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/booksfataltotheirauthors_08_ditchfield_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/booksfataltotheirauthors_09_ditchfield_128kb.mp3

Section 8 clocks in at 17:21

Section 9 weighs in at 18:25
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Animite wrote:Carolin,

Sorry, these chapters took me a while to complete. But here they are ready for muster and LPs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/booksfataltotheirauthors_08_ditchfield_128kb.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/booksfataltotheirauthors_09_ditchfield_128kb.mp3

Section 8 clocks in at 17:21

Section 9 weighs in at 18:25
thank you for your sections MW updated and they will be PL'd over the next few days
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
smokie

Post by smokie »

Hey Caroline, I really want to read chapters 8 and 10 but my French is laughable. So if you don't find anyone else, I would love to take a crack at it.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

smokie wrote:Hey Caroline, I really want to read chapters 8 and 10 but my French is laughable. So if you don't find anyone else, I would love to take a crack at it.
Just checking you mean sections 13 and 15. I will sign you up. If you change your mind and decide not to do it just let me know thanks. also I need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name or a pseudonym thanks.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Sections 8 and 9 chapter 5 are PL OK thanks
Michele
lezer

Post by lezer »

Anna
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thank you for your section I will PL it this weekend
Michele
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hey michele, did smokie ever get back to you about the catalog name? might it be better to orphan the sections?
Carolin
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Carolin wrote:hey michele, did smokie ever get back to you about the catalog name? might it be better to orphan the sections?
Hi Carolin
I have not heard back from them so I will orphan the section thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 16 is PL OK thanks
Michele
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Tantalizingly close! Can I take Section 18?
Lynne
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Lynnet wrote:Tantalizingly close! Can I take Section 18?
Lynne
thank I will sign you up
Michele
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

And I'll read section 15 - the booksellers. It is really funny, look at this:
The story is also told of the widow of a German printer who strongly objected to the supremacy of husbands, and desired to revise the text of the passage in the Sacred Scriptures which speaks of the subjection of wives (Genesis iii. 16). The original text is "He shall be thy lord." For Herr (lord) in the German version she substituted Narr, and made the reading, "He shall be thy fool." It is said that she paid the penalty of death for this strange assertion of "woman's rights."
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Availle wrote:And I'll read section 15 - the booksellers. It is really funny, look at this:
The story is also told of the widow of a German printer who strongly objected to the supremacy of husbands, and desired to revise the text of the passage in the Sacred Scriptures which speaks of the subjection of wives (Genesis iii. 16). The original text is "He shall be thy lord." For Herr (lord) in the German version she substituted Narr, and made the reading, "He shall be thy fool." It is said that she paid the penalty of death for this strange assertion of "woman's rights."
thats great thanks I will sign you up
Michele