[COMPLETE]The Kalevala compiled Elias Lönnrot-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

MrKyle wrote:I would like to participate in listening, as Hobbit has been, to submissions. I would gladly take on some of that responsibility as well as managing the project in general.

Kyle
Hi Kyle,
Are you wanting to listen to all the sections recorded by other readers once they start coming, or would you like me to continue listening to some as well? If so, let me know how you want to divvy up the work and I will be happy to do whatever you need me to. I've been enjoying working on this project!

Eden
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Rune 8 is PL OK!
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Hobbit (Eden),

A team effort sounds great. How about we divvy up by numbers. Starting with 11, I'll PL the odds and you PL the evens? Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you again for your hard work on this project. It is very much appreciated!

Kyle
Last edited by MrKyle on July 18th, 2014, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

The Preface is uploaded and ready.

Length: 55:41
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalevala_00_preface.mp3

Kyle
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

One more thing before this goes out to the group:

The text for this has some errors in it, I think primarily from the transcription that occurred when the text went from paper to digital. Possibly, whatever was used, botched some "b"s and "h"s in certain places as well as some words that sound like they might work but actually another word was meant.

This is the text that we are using and it won't change. But I recommend that the readers take a quick read through their chosen Rune and check for any possible errors before recording!

Cheers everyone,

MrKyle
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

MrKyle wrote:Hobbit (Eden),

A team effort sounds great. How about we divvy up by numbers. Starting with 11, I'll PL the odds and you PL the evens? Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you again for your hard work on this project. It is very much appreciated!

Kyle
Sounds good to me! Looking forward to it! :)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Rune 9 is PL OK!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

The epilogue is PL OK! I apologize in advance for most likely taking a little while to get to rune 10 and the preface. Auditions for the production I'm directing are this weekend, so I will be busy for the next several days trying to assemble the perfect cast (or something within a couple hundred miles of it.)
Animite

Post by Animite »

Before making this post, I noted the first time stamp for this thread, which dates back to September 5th, 2009. That's a few days older than five years making it the longest time I've seen a book in Librivox production limbo. As one who adores epic poetry in all its forms, I'm willing to give a section or two a try to see if we can't send this project back to the top of the forum where it might get some attention. And with the vocal guide given in the first thread, perhaps I'll do a bit of justice to the Finnish name--familiar to some but not to me.

I will go ahead and do the reading for Rune 11.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Animite,

Thank you for your offer to help with this project. I am excited to see this pick up steam as a community work now. It was started a long time ago by another user, then I stumbled across it and took it on as a solo work. As things didn't progress quickly enough, I opened it up to the community and you are our first request!

I'll update the MW and will look forward to your submission.

Cheers,

Kyle
Animite

Post by Animite »

Here is the link for Rune 11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalevala_11_lonnrot_128kb.mp3

The duration of the recording is 19:47.

Here's hoping I got the pronunciation in the recording right. I'm pretty sure I pegged all of the character names; however, I could not find pronunciations for many of the places mentioned in this section, and so I had to improvise the unknown terms. But I still think it turned out well.
soumenbarua

Post by soumenbarua »

Hi,

I would like to claim "12. RUNE XII. Kyllikki's Broken Vow" for reading. My name is "Soumen Barua".

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Animite wrote:Here is the link for Rune 11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/kalevala_11_lonnrot_128kb.mp3

The duration of the recording is 19:47.

Here's hoping I got the pronunciation in the recording right. I'm pretty sure I pegged all of the character names; however, I could not find pronunciations for many of the places mentioned in this section, and so I had to improvise the unknown terms. But I still think it turned out well.
Thanks for that , I'll drop the BC a PM in case he missed your post.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

soumenbarua wrote:Hi,

I would like to claim "12. RUNE XII. Kyllikki's Broken Vow" for reading. My name is "Soumen Barua".

Thanks & regards,
Soumen
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the rune. If you have any questions ask. And if you do run intp problems let us know, there is no shame . It isn't the easiest thing to have chosen for a first read I think but it will be something to be proud of when it is finished.

Anne
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Hi all!

I will be listening to (and hopefully approving) Rune 11 early this week and should 12 get uploaded, it as well.

Animite, do you mind if I do a bit of noise clean up on a portion of your reading? There is just a bit of bg noise that I think I can RX-out.

I'm glad to see the ball rolling! Thanks for your patience too :)

Cheers,

MrKyle